Your question

Media server content not updating on consoles

Tags:
  • Media Server
  • Systems
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
April 3, 2010 2:38:01 AM

Recently my Windows 7 pc has stopped pushing updates of my media content to my gaming systems (i.e. xbox 360 and ps3). I use both systems to stream video and music to my television, however when I copy new content into my shared folder the content is not displayed on my console (my older content is displayed and accessible without issues). If I browse the folder content from another PC on my network, I can see the newly added files, and access them without a problem.

It does not matter if I attempt to access the files through the windows media center application on my xbox, or navigate through the menu systems, the new content is not displayed.

Update: Oddly enough, I added 12 new files, all in one folder, and the first two showed up after a few hours, leading me to believe this has something to do with my pc not pushing updates to the system. Does anyone have any idea if something could be hanging up the system from pushing updates of the content listing?

More about : media server content updating consoles

July 1, 2010 9:34:10 PM

Did you ever find a solution to this?
m
l
July 1, 2010 9:45:11 PM

I did find a temporary solution, but this has to be done every time it is not updated properly.

In WMP11, click "organize" and then click "apply media information changes"

Wait for update, and done.
m
l
!