Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is P8Z68-V worthy for buying

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 18, 2011 8:44:55 AM

i have read a lot about P8Z68-V, and i am seeing that there is lots of problem in motherboard.

so please suggest me / vote for me is it really not worthy to buy this ??????

also let me know that as per manual of asus P8Z68-V is having only one lock to hold the ram within the ram socket, so if any one of you have purchased please tell is it true.????

are there 2 locks to hold the ram from left and right side of ram to keep it within the RAM SLOT.

OR

there are only one slot to hold the ram within the RAM SLOT either from left or from right ONLY.

More about : p8z68 worthy buying

June 18, 2011 5:04:53 PM

There are usually 2 locks, one on the left and one on the right. Does the Asus manual show one lock in the digram of the board? I have never heard of only one lock.
m
0
l
June 19, 2011 12:03:18 AM

almartin said:
There are usually 2 locks, one on the left and one on the right. Does the Asus manual show one lock in the digram of the board? I have never heard of only one lock.




Yes ASUS manual does shows only one ram lock.

m
0
l
Related resources
June 23, 2011 5:16:42 AM

P8Z68-V has only one side lock for RAMs, jus bought the mobo.. Me too confused one seeing t ... the a lot of guys said its the same..
m
0
l
June 24, 2011 8:45:22 AM

mailmemanju said:
P8Z68-V has only one side lock for RAMs, jus bought the mobo.. Me too confused one seeing t ... the a lot of guys said its the same..



1. So when you install ram in the given slots, is it working fine??????

2. is there anything that you think i must know about installing compatible ram in ASUS P8Z68-V slot.

3. in which country are you, i mean where did buy the motherboard.????

4. how is the rest build, is it working fine. did you face any other challenges, i'm going to buy P8Z68-V TOMORROW.

Thanks.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
June 24, 2011 11:08:10 AM

I have the P8Z68V Pro.

Yes, the DIMM sockets have a lock on one side only (I was surprised to see that). They seem sufficiently secure. Installing the DIMMs works the same way as usual.

I am in Australia, and I bought the motherboard locally.

The machine has been working flawlessly for three or four weeks.
m
0
l
June 24, 2011 11:23:26 AM

compulsivebuilder said:
I have the P8Z68V Pro.

Yes, the DIMM sockets have a lock on one side only (I was surprised to see that). They seem sufficiently secure. Installing the DIMMs works the same way as usual.

I am in Australia, and I bought the motherboard locally.

The machine has been working flawlessly for three or four weeks.



Thanks for your reply, now i will go with asus P8Z68.

Thanks :-)
m
0
l
July 4, 2011 11:21:37 AM

compulsivebuilder said:
I have the P8Z68V Pro.

Yes, the DIMM sockets have a lock on one side only (I was surprised to see that). They seem sufficiently secure. Installing the DIMMs works the same way as usual.

I am in Australia, and I bought the motherboard locally.

The machine has been working flawlessly for three or four weeks.



i bought new p8z68-v in india new delhi, nehru place, SMC international and after purchasing i found that there was problem on motherboard that when i press power button first time system didn't start ( i mean when i try to do cold boot ) it was not starting normally and pushing me to bios.

then i found that CMOS jumper was missing from my motherboard and i was facing this proble due to that missing jumper so i pulled the jumper from my previous motherboard and put it into my new P8Z68-V and now it's working very stable and cool.

So anyone who buy P8Z68-v should check cmos jumper in their motherboard because ASUS is missing that small jumper when assembling motherboard.
m
0
l
!