Is P8Z68-V worthy for buying

developeraslam

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
i have read a lot about P8Z68-V, and i am seeing that there is lots of problem in motherboard.

so please suggest me / vote for me is it really not worthy to buy this ??????

also let me know that as per manual of asus P8Z68-V is having only one lock to hold the ram within the ram socket, so if any one of you have purchased please tell is it true.????

are there 2 locks to hold the ram from left and right side of ram to keep it within the RAM SLOT.

OR

there are only one slot to hold the ram within the RAM SLOT either from left or from right ONLY.

developeraslam

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

Yes ASUS manual does shows only one ram lock.

developeraslam

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

1. So when you install ram in the given slots, is it working fine??????

2. is there anything that you think i must know about installing compatible ram in ASUS P8Z68-V slot.

3. in which country are you, i mean where did buy the motherboard.????

4. how is the rest build, is it working fine. did you face any other challenges, i'm going to buy P8Z68-V TOMORROW.

Thanks.

compulsivebuilder

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
I have the P8Z68V Pro.

Yes, the DIMM sockets have a lock on one side only (I was surprised to see that). They seem sufficiently secure. Installing the DIMMs works the same way as usual.

I am in Australia, and I bought the motherboard locally.

The machine has been working flawlessly for three or four weeks.

developeraslam

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

Thanks for your reply, now i will go with asus P8Z68.

developeraslam

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

i bought new p8z68-v in india new delhi, nehru place, SMC international and after purchasing i found that there was problem on motherboard that when i press power button first time system didn't start ( i mean when i try to do cold boot ) it was not starting normally and pushing me to bios.

then i found that CMOS jumper was missing from my motherboard and i was facing this proble due to that missing jumper so i pulled the jumper from my previous motherboard and put it into my new P8Z68-V and now it's working very stable and cool.

So anyone who buy P8Z68-v should check cmos jumper in their motherboard because ASUS is missing that small jumper when assembling motherboard.