Cant Find any Reference 5850s

cowgawd7

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Would anyone happen to know where I could find A reference 5850 in stock. Previously ordered from amazon and they sent me a non reference Diamond 5850 card twice so I cant trust them any more got it returned.

cowgawd7

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
hmmmm http://www.ncixus.com/products/44350/5850PE51G/Diamond/ looks exactly like the one I bought off amazon and they sent me a non reference card so I'm very hesitant on buying another one of those from diamond as for the other xfx card it has no reviews so I don't really know how reliable that can be too. Im just having a really hard time finding a legit reference card because many of these sites like amazon and tiger direct show pictures of ref cards but what they ship are non ref models.

I read up on the Directcu 5850 only problem is that my psu only has 2x 6 pin and the card requires a 6pin and 8 pin, not sure if an adapter would work would it? Not to familiar with how the adapters work, i have a 750w psu

jrichards

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I will say I like the factory overclock because it allows the card to idle properly. With overdrive on ( or afterburner) it can not idle below 400/1200, with it off 157/300 and running basic windows and internet it stays there. it keeps it cool and i assume it saves power.... And it is stable @900/1200 on stock voltage, can move overdrive sliders to 1000/1300 but haven't tested it yet .

My card came with a molex to 6 pin adapter cable and a twin molex to 8 pin adapter cable.. in the box. So it must work, my psu is 750W

XFX cards have a double lifetime warranty and their tech support is excellent.
I own one so i can speak from experience.
Runs cool too in a proper case mine idles at 32C.
NCIX is a top-notch e-tailer everybit as good as the Egg and plus some.
They pricematch any in-stock items from other e-tailers.
Bought my 5850 there in Feb. runs problem free.