AC adapter problem Dell Inspiron 8600

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
December 2, 2004 11:10:26 AM

Hello,

My AC adapter is working when I connect him to my portable but he
refuses to charge my battery.
The computer doesn't recognise it as a Dell adapter.

Anyone nows what I did wrong?

Dino
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 2, 2004 8:17:56 PM

Without details such as the exact words in the error
message, then no one can properly answer your question. How
do you know your Ac adapter is working? The green indicator
lamp is not sufficient to make that conclusion. How do you
know the battery is not charging? Again, important details
make any answer a wild speculation.

Dino wrote:
> My AC adapter is working when I connect him to my portable but he
> refuses to charge my battery.
> The computer doesn't recognise it as a Dell adapter.
>
> Anyone nows what I did wrong?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 6, 2004 11:07:47 AM

Could also be as simple as the batterys junk.. Try another before
thinking its an adapter problem.. Dell laptops don't know where the
19V is coming from.. If its firing up on adapter its good.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 6, 2004 12:10:29 PM

I know someone who had the exact same problem with a Dell 8500. They had to
return it to have the motherboard replaced. It's a common problem from what
I understand with that model.

!