Your question

700-800 multi-purpose build. Please Review/Suggest/Advice

Tags:
  • Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
August 13, 2010 2:26:28 PM

Hey guys, originally i was planning on making a 500dolalr build but after spending about 24 hours on newegg..... and some research i have decided to stretch my budget to 700-800 range. I want a build that will allow me to play games like SC2 and hopefully Diablo3 (whenever it comes out if ever...) and browse the web quickly all at an affordable price. I already have keyboard/mouse/speakers... but i need a new MONITOR.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: this week

BUDGET RANGE: 800usd, Before Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: surfing the internet, gaming, watching movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA, cali

PARTS PREFERENCES: No preference

OVERCLOCKING: Yes (if i can figure it out)

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe ( i would love to do the most with this built possible)

MONITOR RESOLUTION: my current resolution is1280x1024, with new monitor i am planning to run 1900x

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I want to be able to maximize the performance. I am choosing an easy PCU and mobo to do so on (hopefully, i am a complete noob). I plan on having this build for 3-4 years.

Please be kind and take a look at what i have compiled. I tried to get the most out of the combo deals and save as much as possible while getting most bang for the buck. I would love to lower the total cost of the build down to 700ish, but i do not see what i can compromise on? Please make sure everything listed is compatible and easy to work on. This is my first build and i will be following guides on this forum. Thank you.

I am getting this hard drive from a separate website for $50: Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB Hard Drive

This build comes out to $836 with tax after rebate.

Thank you in advance. I have spend a lot of time putting this together, please make sure everything is compatible and any Suggestions or Advices are welcomed. If possible, i would like to lower the total price without compromising much. Saving as much as even 20-30 dollars would be great.

More about : 700 800 multi purpose build review suggest advice

August 13, 2010 2:30:51 PM

You can get the 1tb spinpoint at newegg, its on sale right now

You did your homework ;)  eh, nothing for me to say, it looks great too me :D 

[:graywolf:9][:graywolf:9][:graywolf:9][:graywolf:9][:graywolf:9]
m
l
Related resources
August 13, 2010 2:32:52 PM

Batuchka, Why would you go way down on processing power and down to a biostar motherboard.. its.. his build was a-okay ;) 
m
l
August 13, 2010 2:35:29 PM

Nah i'd hit a better GPU for Full HD gaming for best results now and later down the road ^^ Plus he needed to trim down costs
m
l
August 13, 2010 2:39:19 PM

batuchka said:
Tower @ $513AR
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q205/batuchka/Untitled-2385.jpg
23.6 LCD free photo printer free ship $180
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$693AR Grand Total

I sure like that monitor, but do i really need that much of an expensive video card? Also, how much performance would i be losing out on getting that PCU and mobo? How hard is it to overclock? I chose that mobo because of all the features it has (which i am not sure how to use as of yet though). Thank you for your input. It is greatly appreciated.

here what it has:

Core Unlocker - Intelligently Unlocks True Core Performance

TurboV - Feel the adrenaline rush of real-time O.C.!

GPU NOS - Instant iGPU Level Up!

Auto Tuning - Auto System Level Up!

MemOK! - Any Memory is A-OK!

Turbo Key - Touch-N-Boost! No more lag!

Mr Pizza said:
You can get the 1tb spinpoint at newegg, its on sale right now

You did your homework ;)  eh, nothing for me to say, it looks great too me :D 

I have no use for 1tb. i will probable have no use for even 500Gb. That is extra $10 if i am correct. It lists for $60 on newegg.

Thank you for your input. Do you think i can lower the cost of anything without compromising much?
m
l
August 13, 2010 2:44:13 PM

Not much and looking at off gaming: net/movies dun even require an X3 hehe Just learn good old fashioned BIOS OCing and hit an aftermarket cooler when u wanna get ya hands dirty :p 
m
l
August 13, 2010 2:45:06 PM

Ok, for you TurboV is fine, its an auto overclocker, for a beginner it is kinda hard to overclock unless you do some reading,

Quote:
How hard is it to overclock?

It's as hard as you want it to be.
m
l
August 13, 2010 2:53:04 PM

batuchka said:
Not much and looking at off gaming: net/movies dun even require an X3 hehe Just learn good old fashioned BIOS OCing and hit an aftermarket cooler when u wanna get ya hands dirty :p 

I am a sad noob. I do not know anything about BIOS OCing... How hard would it be?

I want this build to last me 3-4 years and still be semi-fast. This new game Metro 2033 i was looking at in the req's it said 3.0GHz quad-core PCU.

Mr Pizza said:
Ok, for you TurboV is fine, its an auto overclocker, for a beginner it is kinda hard to overclock unless you do some reading,

Quote:
How hard is it to overclock?

It's as hard as you want it to be.

LOL, it's as hard as you want it to be? I am guessing that would be beyong my current knowledge and capabilites.

So that mobo overclocks PCU automatically? i do not even have to do a thing? Is there a need to get the Black Edition PCU then? Sorry for all the questions. I am trying to learn as much as i can. Have to start out somewhere...
m
l
August 13, 2010 4:37:48 PM

How about downgrading PCU and mobo combo to:

# ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
# 470556AMD Athlon II X4 635 Propus 2.9GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX635WFGIBOX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

instead of:

# ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
# 470551AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX

That would save me $58

But 125W vs 95W.... would the mobo maximize potential of Anthlon II X4 635 or am i better of going with Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition?
m
l
August 13, 2010 4:41:00 PM

I would stay with the phenom ii x4 955 unless you really want to save a mere 58 bucks
m
l
August 14, 2010 1:05:22 AM

So it does not look i can save any money unless i downgrade PCU power, correct?
m
l
August 14, 2010 2:07:06 AM

Any more advice please? Should i stay with my current build if i do not want to lose any PCU power? Thanks
m
l
August 14, 2010 2:03:14 PM

bump

any better deals out there?
m
l
!