Sign in with
Your question

New computer build problems

Last response: in Motherboards
June 18, 2011 5:23:20 PM

I have a Biostart N68S3B MOBO. When I boot it up, everything loads, I do get one message on the screen that says "DQS training failed on previous boot, reverted to slower DRAM speed" but other than I don't see any problems. When I get the option to go to Bios or continue with default settings it brings me to a screen that says the below.

Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

When I press a key, it just keeps displaying that same message. Does anyone know what the problem can be? I've tried more than one installation disk too. Is there even a way to get to dos from here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

More about : computer build problems

a c 717 V Motherboard
June 18, 2011 5:30:32 PM

Welcome to Tom's Forums! :) 

First try clearing the CMOS and afterwards boot to the BIOS and turn DQS Training off/disabled.

Q - What RAM, CPU and RAM DIMM slots are you using?
m
l
June 18, 2011 7:07:54 PM

jaquith said:
Welcome to Tom's Forums! :) 

First try clearing the CMOS and afterwards boot to the BIOS and turn DQS Training off/disabled.

Q - What RAM, CPU and RAM DIMM slots are you using?

Thanks for the response. I don't have everything in front of me right now but it's an AMD Phenom, I think a 9850 and I have 2 stick of 4 GB Corsair Ram 1333, I believe.
m
l
Related resources
a c 717 V Motherboard
June 18, 2011 7:40:50 PM

The primary reason for asking is to verify that the RAM is indeed compatible with your MOBO/CPU also to verify the CPU is compatible.

Major problem with Biostar N68S3B, the CPU is not listed as being supported -> http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/cpu_support.php?S_I...
Phenom X4 9850 (HD9850WCJ4BGH)
Phenom X4 9850 (HD985ZXAJ4BGH)
m
l
June 18, 2011 11:26:11 PM

jaquith said:
The primary reason for asking is to verify that the RAM is indeed compatible with your MOBO/CPU also to verify the CPU is compatible.

Major problem with Biostar N68S3B, the CPU is not listed as being supported -> http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/cpu_support.php?S_I...
Phenom X4 9850 (HD9850WCJ4BGH)
Phenom X4 9850 (HD985ZXAJ4BGH)

This came as a barebones kit, so I'm pretty sure everything compatible. How do you disable the dqs training?
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
June 19, 2011 12:08:35 AM

Did you overlook the CPU issue {CPU is NOT supported by that MOBO}??!! I'd love it if barbone kits were flawless they not. Ditto with ordering from sites like CyberPower or iBuyPower -- it's up to you to check!

For CPU ; Microcode Update -> Disabled
For RAM ; Ignore Memory Error Messages -> Enabled

IMO Set your RAM manually ; Example 1333 CAS 9-9-9-24-2N @ 1.50v
Memory Voltage -> 1.50v
Memclock Value -> DDR3-1333
CL -> 9
tRCD -> 9
tRP -> 9
tRAS -> 24
2T Command -> 2

m
l