Oct 25, 2010
Hello,
555 BE , 880G (M4A88TD-M-EVO)
all 4 cores work ..... all tested
but the catch is not together...lol

1 & 2 ... work fine ...even OC to 3.9 GHz

Manual config for unlocking,
1 & 3 & 4 .. work fine OC 3.8GHz

But ... core 2 never works with 3 & 4 ... any idea why?

Need proper technical answers.... want to unlock for fun.. so don't tell me to be satisfied and all...

1) You are not allowed to bump threads. Please read the rules.
2) You answered the question yourself: Be satisfied. Your CPU was sold as a dual core for a good reason. Clearly it was part of a batch that didn't pass quad-core or even tri-core testing. From your original post, it seems that Core 2 is unstable. Use the chip as a tri-core and be thankful you have one extra core. Some people don't even get that far.

goku_rocks

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
1.Core 2 is not unstable ... or it would not have been sold in default config with core 2 activated...
2. And I thought there were some knowledgeable people here.... to suggest something, so posted this thread.
3.you have the worst way to greet a newbie ... at ur forum...

OK, I misread the original post a bit. So Core 2 does work. Fact is, if all 4 don't work at the same time there is really nothing you can do about it. Some folks have apparently had more luck by increasing the CPU voltage, but the honest truth is that not every X2 can be unlocked and still be stable.

I didn't mean to sound rude, I just gave you an honest answer. If anyone disagrees with me, feel free to jump in.

goku_rocks

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
I did try increasing the voltage and turning off 'cool and quiet' , but that doesn't help.
I just wanted a logical explanation to the fact that all cores are stable in two different configs , but why not together.
If only I could enable one core at a time , I can gauge something, if anyone knows please help me with that.

TRENDING THREADS