Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

UT2004: cannot get to use DM-[VIP]Fox-Gothic2004

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 11:29:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Hi.

I've downloaded a remake for UT2004 of the original DM-Gothic from
www.mapraider.com. Unfortunately I cannot seem to have UT2004 "see" the
map. I've downloaded the zip file and tried to install it three times
but no way. It still doesn't appear in the map list.

I'm running Gentoo Linux 2.4.26-r6. I can see the following in the log:

Warning: Missing Class Class Editor.TransBuffer

I have UT2004 version 3323.

Thanks for any help,
Vince C.
November 10, 2004 12:40:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Vince C. enlightened us with:
> Hi.

Hi Vince! Long time no see ;-)

> I have UT2004 version 3323.

I've got a freshly installed UT2004 version 3186. Downloaded the map
from the URL you provided, with the following MD5 sum:

c80a181cb8651cb6c729d3128138881e DM-gothic2.zip

Unzipped it into a temporary directory, removed those pesky .DS_Store
dirs (probably zipped on a Mac), and copied the remaining files into
my ~/.ut2004 dir:

$ unzip ../Desktop/DM-gothic2.zip
$ find -name .DS_Store | xargs rm -rf
$ cp -uva * ~/.ut2004

Map works like a charm.

MeltDown
--
!For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 10:22:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

MeltDown wrote:
> Vince C. enlightened us with:
>
>>Hi.
>
>
> Hi Vince! Long time no see ;-)

Glad we meet again :-). How's the weather? Guess it's cold too, a bit
more than here in Belgium?...


>>I have UT2004 version 3323.
>
>
> I've got a freshly installed UT2004 version 3186. Downloaded the map
> from the URL you provided, with the following MD5 sum:
>
> c80a181cb8651cb6c729d3128138881e DM-gothic2.zip
>
> Unzipped it into a temporary directory, removed those pesky .DS_Store
> dirs (probably zipped on a Mac), and copied the remaining files into
> my ~/.ut2004 dir:
>
> $ unzip ../Desktop/DM-gothic2.zip
> $ find -name .DS_Store | xargs rm -rf
> $ cp -uva * ~/.ut2004
>
> Map works like a charm.

Strange...

Well, it's the same that I'm doing here except I'm using a bash script
of mine. Just noticed a couple of things:

1. I also have another Gothic map, DM-Gothic2K4 but it should not
interfere as it is not even named the same

2. I have version 3323 from portage but you have 3186; would it make the
difference?

3. Should I remove everything from my ~/.ut2004/System folder (but my
ini files, of course)?

Er, just a question: you seem to use your home directory for your maps,
textures aso, am I right? I didn't know that (granted, I'm a Linux newbie).


Vince C.
November 11, 2004 3:46:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Vince C. enlightened us with:
> Glad we meet again :-). How's the weather? Guess it's cold too, a
> bit more than here in Belgium?...

Yep, cold too ;-)

> 2. I have version 3323 from portage but you have 3186; would it make
> the difference?

Could be, don't know. I'm not installing from portage, since I've
already got it installed somewhere else.

> 3. Should I remove everything from my ~/.ut2004/System folder (but my
> ini files, of course)?

You could give that a try of course :) 

> Er, just a question: you seem to use your home directory for your
> maps, textures aso, am I right? I didn't know that (granted, I'm a
> Linux newbie).

Yep. It's like this: your personal .ut2004 dir is overlayed on top of
your game directory. Everything in there takes precedence over what's
in your game dir. That's all there is to it.

MeltDown
--
!For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
!