Display Refresh Rate problems - XP Professional

May 23, 2005 8:11:04 AM

I'm having a refreshg rate problem that causes my LCD to show distorted
pictures on the screen. I found out that it was because the refresh rate was
set to 85 Hz, which was too high. So I changed it to 70 Hz, which works fine.
But when I Restart my computer, Windows automatically changed it back to 85
Hz, causing my monitor to show the same problems again. How do I stop Windows
from automatically changing the refresh rate?
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 1:54:21 AM

Do you have the correct "monitor" driver loaded for your LCD? I've seen
plenty of times where an owner changes the monitor from a CRT to an LCD but
forgets to update the driver for the monitor in windows. We are not talking
the Video Driver, but the Monitor Driver. Either that or there is "no"
driver and it is using the default "Plug-n-Play" monitor driver, which for
all intensive purposes, a waste of time with LCD's.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"