Display Refresh Rate problems - XP Professional

I'm having a refreshg rate problem that causes my LCD to show distorted
pictures on the screen. I found out that it was because the refresh rate was
set to 85 Hz, which was too high. So I changed it to 70 Hz, which works fine.
But when I Restart my computer, Windows automatically changed it back to 85
Hz, causing my monitor to show the same problems again. How do I stop Windows
from automatically changing the refresh rate?
1 answer Last reply
More about display refresh rate problems professional

    Do you have the correct "monitor" driver loaded for your LCD? I've seen
    plenty of times where an owner changes the monitor from a CRT to an LCD but
    forgets to update the driver for the monitor in windows. We are not talking
    the Video Driver, but the Monitor Driver. Either that or there is "no"
    driver and it is using the default "Plug-n-Play" monitor driver, which for
    all intensive purposes, a waste of time with LCD's.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Dexter" <Dexter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having a refreshg rate problem that causes my LCD to show distorted
    > pictures on the screen. I found out that it was because the refresh rate
    > was
    > set to 85 Hz, which was too high. So I changed it to 70 Hz, which works
    > fine.
    > But when I Restart my computer, Windows automatically changed it back to
    > 85
    > Hz, causing my monitor to show the same problems again. How do I stop
    > Windows
    > from automatically changing the refresh rate?

Configuration Windows XP Displays