Newly Build PC Not Working!

Tags:
  • Build
  • Motherboards
  • LED Monitor
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 13, 2010 7:05:51 PM

Today I build a PC and as it was my first time I was a bit nervous however I got to a point where I thought it is finally finished so I plugged my monitor in using a HDMI cable, and once I powered it up bios didn't come up the only thing that happened was all the fans on all the components came on and a motherboard led and a PSU led. So the PSU is fine and so is the motherboard, so why is it doing this and how can I get bios to come up so I can install windows.

Extra Info:
There was no bios beep.
All the fans come on and stay on.
The motherboard led comes on and stays on.

I opened up the case and looked at the motherboard and wrote down all the names of the slots that aren't in use (don't have anything plugged into them.)
PWR_FAN
COM 1
SPDIF_OUT
LP1
CHA_FAN
IE1394_1
USB1112
IDE SLOT
USB78

More about : newly build working

August 13, 2010 7:58:57 PM

Agreed ^
Related resources
August 13, 2010 8:05:34 PM

I'm interested to know what you find as I am experiencing something similar. Although the reason I don't have beeps is because I don't have a system speaker (bought one today hopefully it comes soon).
a b V Motherboard
August 13, 2010 8:08:48 PM

Pay close attention to #2 in that checklist. The symptoms you're desribing are exactly what would happen if you forget the 4/8 pin CPU power. It's usually located near the CPU socket and I/O ports.
August 14, 2010 12:44:51 PM

Nope the CPU power is in.
a b V Motherboard
August 14, 2010 7:09:08 PM

Rashy said:
Today I build a PC and as it was my first time I was a bit nervous however I got to a point where I thought it is finally finished so I plugged my monitor in using a HDMI cable, and once I powered it up bios didn't come up the only thing that happened was all the fans on all the components came on and a motherboard led and a PSU led. So the PSU is fine and so is the motherboard, so why is it doing this and how can I get bios to come up so I can install windows.

Extra Info:
There was no bios beep.
All the fans come on and stay on.
The motherboard led comes on and stays on.

I opened up the case and looked at the motherboard and wrote down all the names of the slots that aren't in use (don't have anything plugged into them.)
PWR_FAN
COM 1
SPDIF_OUT
LP1
CHA_FAN
IE1394_1
USB1112
IDE SLOT
USB78

What are the system specs?
!