Creative SB Arena vs. Logitech G35 vs. Sennheiser PC350

klbg

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
So, I'm looking for the best overall gaming headset. I play games ranging from Battlefield to Halo to WoW to Starcraft.
Looking for good build quality, good mic quality, good directional sound quality, and comfort. Preferably noise-canceling microphone and earphones as well.

It's also important to note that I don't have room for a soundcard and I don't plan on ever getting one, which is why I'm hesitant on getting the Sennheiser PC350. The Creative Arena sounds great, but is apparently flimsy and there are quite a few complaints about it breaking easily and about Creative having no customer support. The G35 seems great, but some complain about comfort and audiophiles keep going back to Sennheiser, saying 7.1 is useless and overrated...
It's like a unending cycle.

Anyways, basically, I have $150 at most to spend, and I want the best possible gaming headset all-in-one package available to date. If there are any other good options I missed out, please add them.
Thanks!

The PC350 REALLY needs a good soundcard to get the best out of, although it wins hands down quality wise if you have one. [Beyond the normal soundcard being better then USB solutions, anyways].

As for those who says 7.1 is useless: I played competitive BF2/CoD4/BF:BC2 for the better part of 6 years. When I brought the G35 as my gaming headset, I fully expected the 7.1 implementation to stink. A year later, I stand corrected. VERY well defined side/rear audio all in all, although the side/rear does get muddled a little bit, but nothing major. Audio is very crisp, especially for a USB solution. For anyone looking for a gaming headset that does not have a decent soundcard, I recommend the G35.

You may very well take the Sennheiser PC350 out of contention if you require multi channel audio support.. Out of the rest two options, i'll recommend the Creative Sound Blaster Arena due to its cheaper price and excellent audio quality (in gaming terms ofcourse).. The flimsiness is dependent upon your usage.. With a little care and handling, it should do pretty well.. If you need few other options then you may look at the Razer Carcharias and the Razer Megalodon..

P.S. - Audiophiles are never going to rate any multi channel headphones/headsets as good ever.. For them, stereo audio is the real deal.. Any hardware, not shining in that area does not bothers them.. And sadly, any multi channel headphone/headset is never really gonna shine over their stereo counterparts in this section..

klbg

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Thank you for the opinions so far, looks like I'm back down to Arena vs. G35, and that's still a tough call, hah.
Ultimately I will probably pick the Logitech, just because I really do want to feel comfortable handling the headset, and the detachable mic on the Arena somewhat worries me.
Thanks, again!