Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: within the next two weeks, sooner rather than later

BUDGET RANGE: 2100 After tax

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, all else is of consequence

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: All is required

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: California

PARTS PREFERENCES: Intel Nvidia, Full tower, Best airflow possible and good space management

OVERCLOCKING: Rather not mess with that, may in the future so include a heatsink/cooler for that

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: in the future when extra performance is warranted

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Would like 1920 by 1200, what is the difference with that and 1080p?

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Window would be nice, monitor must have 2 ms response time, Windows 7 home premium is within the budget, no fancy lights required, easy to open case would be appreciated.

Was thinking a i7 930 with a GTX 480 type build or get everything and wait for new gfx card to come out then install that to game.

ShepardMcBadass

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
Feel free to use the budget and go for the i7 930 and GTX 480...
I will get another GTX 480 in the future so would like the i7. Also the monitor isn't good enough. Case looks great and if possible what would be a good heatsink for the GPU (GTX 480) to help keep it cool?
Thank you.
To clarify:
California, USA :D

ShepardMcBadass

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010

That looks good, I think I'll do the whole build then wait for that to come out and grab it...
Also, the mobo, grab a USB 3.0 one for futureproofing, otherwise rest of build looks nice!

ShepardMcBadass

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010

Perfect, and only 50 bucks more than the other mobo. Care to find a good keyboard mouse for gaming that's as cheap as possible :)