Sign in with
Your question

Problem With Internal PC Speaker

Last response: in Windows 7
December 27, 2009 3:18:33 AM

I just built my system yesterday, and now I'm going thru the usual checks to see if everything is functioning correctly. My motherboard is a GA-P55M-UD2 by Gigabyte, and my case is a Rosewill Wind Knight Gaming Case. Everything seems to work great except the internal speaker on my case. I have it plugged into the correct place on my motherboard, and I have also replugged it in to make sure it is working correctly. Now, if the BIOS POST test comes back with no errors, then it is suppose to release 1 short beep. When it goes threw it's POST test, it releases only 1 short beep and the beep is thru the internal speaker on the front of my case. That shows that the speaker is working correctly. When I install the driver per Gigabyte's website, it recognizes of front audio and mic jack, all 6 7.1 jacks on the back panel, and the S/PDIF connections on the back panel, but it does not see the internal speaker. Is it suppose to not see it? Now if I go into device manager in W7, it sees my system speaker, but lists it under "System Devices" not "Sound, video and game controllers". I'm just wondering if it is not suppose to play audio? Thanks.
December 27, 2009 7:03:04 PM

Nevermind.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2009 7:59:37 PM

ok we do mind :)  .

The internal case speaker is there for motherboard troubleshooting [beeb codes], temperature warring’s etc.

In Device Manager (from control panel) if you go to View, then Show hidden devices.

Then expand Non_Plug And Play Devices. You will see a device named Beeb, this the internal speakers.

Ok. So just relax and chill out :sol: 
m
l
December 28, 2009 1:05:42 AM

ibnsina said:
ok we do mind :)  .

The internal case speaker is there for motherboard troubleshooting [beeb codes], temperature warring’s etc.

In Device Manager (from control panel) if you go to View, then Show hidden devices.

Then expand Non_Plug And Play Devices. You will see a device named Beeb, this the internal speakers.

Ok. So just relax and chill out :sol: 

Ah yea, I found that out in my case manual. Thanks anyways. :D 
m
l
!