Need a few more components for gaming build

lawrencethomas3

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Hey all,

I'm putting together my first higher end computer build and have a few holes I need filled.

Currently, I have these components:

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred ATX
Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
Memory: CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
CPU: Intel Core i7-930 (No heatsink/fan picked out yet)

On the GPU front, I am considering dual GTX 460 based on Tomhardware's latest graphics card report. To go along with that, I have a Ergotron Triple Display Stand (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824994002), so I'm looking for three good 21.5" monitors that go well in that kind of setup. I was leaning toward Dell brand monitors (Samsung's bezels always seem so bulky), but honestly, I have about $600 set aside for monitors so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I definitely need some help picking out a good PSU. I'm assuming with this build I won't need a PSU over 800watts, but I really would like something with decent quality under or around $150.

I'll probably just bring over my old HardDrives, but may consider a SSD. Is now the time to pull the trigger for something like that?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide me!

lawrencethomas3

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Unfortunately, I already have the CPU, Motherboard, and Memory sticks, so I can't backtrack on those items.

Concerning the GTX 460s, I have read that the EE (external exhaust) models from EVGA are exceptionally loud. I have a very well ventilated case, so if I stuck two of their internal exhaust cards in SLI, I wouldn't have any problems with that, would I?