Sign in with
Your question

How can I recover files from a broken hard drive.

Last response: in Storage
November 11, 2012 11:07:49 PM

Hello,
I recently dropped my hard drive, and now when I plug it into my laptop, the hard drive makes a quiet, beeping noise, and my laptop does not recognise it. I have many important files on there, including university essays, a lot of work etc. Is there any way I can fix this problem or recover my files? Thanks
a b D Laptop
a c 83 G Storage
November 11, 2012 11:56:31 PM

It will cost some money(maybe a lot of money), but if the drive is mechanically broken(and is quite possibly is), then you best option to recover any useful data is to send it to a company that specializes in data recovery from failed hard drives. They can take the drive apart (in a clean room),remove the platters, and pull files from the actual platters. It can be expensive though.
Related resources
May 7, 2013 10:15:52 PM

I've had good luck with Recuva getting a lot of things off a dying hard drive. It's very possible, however, that your hard drive is too far gone. It's super crucial to back up important files.
May 8, 2013 12:23:13 AM

Yeah! I also agree to try a data recovery tool at first. Nowadays, over the internet, you would easily get a pile of useful data recovery tools online. Just search "Data recovery tool" on Google.
Next time, always remember to make data backups.
!