Sign in with
Your question

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus driver problem?

Last response: in Systems
August 14, 2010 1:10:34 AM

Hi everyone,
I've had a few problems since getting everything up and running. I'm not sure if everything is working properly. After installing drivers I go into the device manager to see a yellow exclamation point over "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" I've fiddled around with it and I can't find a driver for it through the new hardware wizard, my motherboard driver cd, or my graphics card driver cd. I'm not quite sure what it does, but my sound works fine although I'm only using an RCA cord and my stereo.

Anybody got any solutions to this? I have searched the forums and googled it but I came up empty.

August 16, 2010 3:25:54 AM

Anybody offer any insight on this? It's bothering the hell out of me seeing the add new hardware wizard on every start up..
m
l
August 18, 2010 5:48:26 AM

I still have this problem! I'm using an MSI 770-G45 mobo if it helps at all?

Also found this..

From what I've read about with people using other mobos and having the same problems, it has something to do with using the driver disk that came with the mobo. I used all the driver cds that came with my machine. Is this a problem? If so where would I go to get the correct drivers?

Also, off topic, but, would you suggest going to ATI's website to download their drivers for the Radeon 5770 instead of using the ones that came with it from XFX?
m
l
Related resources
August 18, 2010 6:06:11 AM

Actually i had the same problem with mine and its not entirely your sound driver thats the problem try uninstalling your on board graphics drivers and re install them, Gather you have intel graphics then update it watch what happens
m
l
August 18, 2010 6:28:47 AM

Haha call me paranoid, but I'm a little cautious to act on that because it's not completely clear..

I should:

1) Uninstall High Definition Audio Driver package - KB888111 (Through the control panel)

2)Install the drivers again from my MOBO disk

3)Update the drivers and watch

Correct?
m
l
August 18, 2010 6:49:29 AM

Overcklockalypse said:
Haha call me paranoid, but I'm a little cautious to act on that because it's not completely clear..

I should:

1) Uninstall High Definition Audio Driver package - KB888111 (Through the control panel)

2)Install the drivers again from my MOBO disk

3)Update the drivers and watch

Correct?

Don't worry about that uninstall/Reinstall

1) Display drivers
2) Reinstall display drivers
3) Go to intel download latest display drivers

It sounds stupid but it worked for me i have the G41-M7 same setup regarding the sound issue and thats what i did and it worked, Just do what i said above,lol, Let me know the outcome?
m
l
August 18, 2010 7:00:07 AM

Not sure what you mean by

1) Display drivers

I don't see anything that says display drivers.. The display adapter is working fine, but I suppose the problem could be with audio over hdmi. Are you using an HDMI cable?

This is what device manager looks like:
m
l
August 18, 2010 8:58:37 AM

Overcklockalypse said:
Not sure what you mean by

1) Display drivers

I don't see anything that says display drivers.. The display adapter is working fine, but I suppose the problem could be with audio over hdmi. Are you using an HDMI cable?

This is what device manager looks like:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3707/audioprog2.jpg

Let me explain it like this then take out the graphics card, Uninstall the software first, Then restart the computer and plug your screen into the on board graphics found on the the motherboard, Then install the display drivers for the onboard graphics, Then go to the on board graphics website provided its intel then do what i said earlier
m
l
August 19, 2010 5:55:40 AM

Overcklockalypse said:
There are no onboard graphics..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGallery.aspx?CurImag...

Thats the first mobo i have ever seen that doesn't have on board graphics, You see that HD audio bus is part of the intel drivers package,You will not find it anywhere as the installtion is going you will notice on the list the audio bus, So maybe just go to intel download the installtion files for intel drivers and install it, I promise you i had the same problem i looked every where and then i noticed it within the installation of my on board graphics installation

So just download a intel onboard graphics file just for the audio bus,Let me know what you come up with?
m
l
!