My system is not booting today morning after working fine on last night.
It doesn't boot or beep or no fans spinning or giving any signs of working.
Actually i have installed a case fan which has some fancy led's. When
i press the power button , the led's just flash once and then off's.
Apart from this i can't observe anything.
There is no problem with the power supply unit because i checked it
with a brand new psu.
Its a intel Dual Core Processor based system.
Motherboard - Gigabyte 945 GZME
its 3 years old system.
There was overheating problem with the cpu (idle temperature around 50
c and on 50% load 65 - 70 c and 80 - 85 on 100% load) and some
processor socket problem in the motherboard, which i serviced.
The m/b was not quiet stable , it was causing frequent problems and i
serviced it atleast 3 times in the last 1 year.
Now it is dead. My question is
1. Do you think that there is any problem with the processor since it overheats?
2. Can i assume that the overheating problem is because of the faulty
motherboard and can i buy a new motherboard for this overheating
processor? i tried replacing new heatsinks also, butstill it has overheating issues.
3. My friends telling that if there is any problem with the processor
, it won't work completly? Is it true? Will a defective processor work
with some overheating problem?
Thanks for taking time to read this lengthy query!