Hello, team - I'm new and will be... LURKING!

Hey, people.

I'm a noob to homebuilt PCs, but I am fascinated by the process and looking forward to building my first box.

So, while I don't have a specific question at this point (and sadly, no funds with which to act even if I had a clue to begin with), I wanted to come on here and tell you that I'll be lurking in the background, learning all I can before bothering anyone with dopey questions, and trying to get a feel for how to approach building a home box.

I may water-cool this sucker when I do it; I am thinking about fabricating my own cooling system - although I wouldn't be surprised to find there's already a 500x better solution to any cowboy-rigged system I could make for 10% of what it would cost me to "experiment" - lULz.

Thanks in advance for the future help. :hello:
4 answers Last reply
More about hello team lurking
  1. Welcome to the forum :)
  2. Rifleshooter_65 said:
    Hey, people.

I'm a noob to homebuilt PCs, but I am fascinated by the process and looking forward to building my first box.

So, while I don't have a specific question at this point (and sadly, no funds with which to act even if I had a clue to begin with), I wanted to come on here and tell you that I'll be lurking in the background, learning all I can before bothering anyone with dopey questions, and trying to get a feel for how to approach building a home box.

I may water-cool this sucker when I do it; I am thinking about fabricating my own cooling system - although I wouldn't be surprised to find there's already a 500x better solution to any cowboy-rigged system I could make for 10% of what it would cost me to "experiment" - lULz.

Thanks in advance for the future help. :hello:

Welcome to THGF Rifleshooter_6.

Knowledge is a key factor in having a successful first build my friend. We wish all first posters had your insight.:)

A good start would be to decide what you want your PC to do then see if you can build it within your "then" budget.

Good luck to you.
  3. Welcome and lurk on :P
  4. Good post.

I like the idea of building your own box.

There are several essentials to consider, but I think that getting your hands dirty is a great approach.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems