Sign in with
Your question

Hello, team - I'm new and will be... LURKING!

Last response: in Systems
August 14, 2010 2:55:53 AM

Hey, people.

I'm a noob to homebuilt PCs, but I am fascinated by the process and looking forward to building my first box.

So, while I don't have a specific question at this point (and sadly, no funds with which to act even if I had a clue to begin with), I wanted to come on here and tell you that I'll be lurking in the background, learning all I can before bothering anyone with dopey questions, and trying to get a feel for how to approach building a home box.

I may water-cool this sucker when I do it; I am thinking about fabricating my own cooling system - although I wouldn't be surprised to find there's already a 500x better solution to any cowboy-rigged system I could make for 10% of what it would cost me to "experiment" - lULz.

Thanks in advance for the future help. :hello: 

More about : team lurking

a b B Homebuilt system
August 14, 2010 2:59:17 AM

Welcome to the forum :) 
August 14, 2010 3:08:39 AM

Rifleshooter_65 said:
Hey, people.

I'm a noob to homebuilt PCs, but I am fascinated by the process and looking forward to building my first box.

So, while I don't have a specific question at this point (and sadly, no funds with which to act even if I had a clue to begin with), I wanted to come on here and tell you that I'll be lurking in the background, learning all I can before bothering anyone with dopey questions, and trying to get a feel for how to approach building a home box.

I may water-cool this sucker when I do it; I am thinking about fabricating my own cooling system - although I wouldn't be surprised to find there's already a 500x better solution to any cowboy-rigged system I could make for 10% of what it would cost me to "experiment" - lULz.

Thanks in advance for the future help. :hello: 

Welcome to THGF Rifleshooter_6.

Knowledge is a key factor in having a successful first build my friend. We wish all first posters had your insight.:) 

A good start would be to decide what you want your PC to do then see if you can build it within your "then" budget.

Good luck to you.
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
August 14, 2010 3:30:30 AM

Welcome and lurk on :p 
August 14, 2010 4:35:52 AM

Good post.

I like the idea of building your own box.

There are several essentials to consider, but I think that getting your hands dirty is a great approach.
!