Please help me... No signal

ZPep

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
This is really scaring the hell out me.
I just got a computer built that i really like.

Radeon 5770, Athlon II X2 245, Asrock N68-S Mobo, 2GB DDR2 Ram.
Okay.
I was using Sony Vegas 8 Pro video editor that i downloaded.
I was editing my video, all of a sudden my computer restarted!
No signal from monitor.

It gets to the "Start windows normally" screen (Windows XP) and then it crashes and i get No signal!

Please help me. I have switched monitors.
What's wrong?
I'm scared it's a GPU problem because i just got the Radeon 5770 and it's been running for less than 2 weeks!

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002
Since you just got that new 5770 did you first uninstall the nVidia video driver and then go BIOS and select PCI-E as your video choice before installing that 5770?

AMD/ATI drivers and nVidia drivers do not work together very well and that may be what is causing your problem.

ZPep

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
No overclocking has been done.
I'm not an expert on computers, so i don't know how i can tell if the temperature is fine or not. CPU has been working fine for a while.
This may sound nooby, but event viewer log? What?

Also, no, i'll try doing that now.
Edit : Safe mode does not work either.

ZPep

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
I went to add/remove programs and removed nvidia drivers, if that counts.
I had the GT 240 before so i don't think the BIOS thing should be a problem.

Honestly though, would i have to go to a computer shop and get it repaired?

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002

Did this problem occur right after you installed the new video card?

Also you only needed to uninstall the nVida video driver. You will need the other drivers for the M/BD to work properly.

ZPep

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
No, not at all.
I had it running for two weeks. Played games like Bioshock 2, Splinter cell conviction, etc.
I was very happy with it.
I torrented Sony Vegas Pro 8 and while i was editing a video, this happened.

ZPep

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
But i can't access anything,
I get to the part where it shows the Windows XP logo and the little loading bar below it, then my monitor says "No Signal."

Safe Mode doesn't work either
How can i uninstall the program?

ZPep

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
My GPU seems to be working fine..
I haven't even put much load on it.

The fan still spins, is there any way i can know for sure?
Should i bring it into a computer repair shop?

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002
If you still have that 240 put it back in your PC.

Well, i press "Start Windows normally" and it loads but then it randomly says "No Signal"

When you get to this message use your arrow keys to arrow up to Safe Mode near the top of your monitor. Press "Enter".

After you are in safe mode remove the AMD/ATI video drivers and reatart your PC.

If it loads to XP desk top install nVida driver from GPU CD and test to make sure your PC worked as it did before installing the 5770.

If it does then you probably have a defective 5770 that you can RMA if bought new.

A spinning fan on the video card only indicates that the video card is receiving some power it doesn't prove that the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit chip) isn't defective.

It is up to you if you want to bring it to a repair shop or not.

If that was my system I would have first run a Windows XP Repair Install to eliminate a corrupted Windows XP installation as being the problem. If that didn't work I would then test it with a spare video card that I have lying around. I don't know if you have any spare video cards laying around so I can only offer you suggestions as to what I would try.

If your vendor has a time period, like 2 weeks, in which they handle a straight exchange for defective merchandise then I would take that route. If you don't have any consumer protection laws like that then just register your warranty with Sapphire and initiate an RMA request after explaining your problem.