Windows 7 error reboot stops on verifying dmi pool data

cpedley1

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Hello,

I keep getting reboots sometimes along with a BSOD crash.

Other times it goes to reboot and gets stuck on "verifying DMI pool data".

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit booting from a partition E:\ on drive where other partition is F: for programs and data.

.Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H AMD785G SOCKET AM2+ MB
.AMD Phenom x3 8850 2.5 Ghz AM2+ OEM CPU
.NZXT Lexa S Crafted Series Mid Tower
.Power Supply is ULTRA D0510 650W ATX
.Patriot G 4096mb DDR2 800MHZ KIT 4-4-4
.Internal WD 1 TB SATA boot drive is partitioned as mentioned above
.1 TB Hitachi C Drive which is old drive with apparently non-genuine version of Windows Ultimate which is being cleaned out and ultimately formatted

Select Stop automatic restart on system failure in safe mode.
BSOD comes with a stop code on screen. Research it.

cpedley1

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Thanks for trying.
I did do some research on the error messages but found nothing conclusive. However I did find that the freeware backup program I was using "Puresync" I believe it was, was the main culprit. Removed it and am using another freeware program that works well so far.

However I still occasionally get stuck on the DMI stage as mentioned above..

Problem is that the error numbers I get are "after-the-fact" numbers. They say something like "possible corruption of the data flow has occurred in the ....." .

Leaves me in the dark because I typed that into google and got nothing worthwhile.

Thanks for trying!
:??:

f1nos73

Honorable
May 12, 2012
HI I SEEM TO BE GETTING SOMETHING SIMILAR.IM A BIT OF A NOOB AND THIS WAS MY FIRST FULL BUILD,
IVE GOT A CORE I7 920 LGA PROCESSOR (2.66 GHZ) WITH 6 GB OF PATRIOT DDR3 TRIPLE CHANNELRAM SIZE6144 MBYTES (SO SAYS CPUZ). MY MOBO IS AGIGABYTE X58A-UD3R AND IM RUNNING WIN7 ULTIMATE.
IVE HAD IT RUNNING GREAT FROM FIRST BOOT INSTALL,IVE ALLWAYS BEEN A MAC ENTHUSIAST BUT RECENTLY IVE BEEN USING WINDOWS MORE AND MORE, SO I PUT IT ALL TOGETHER BY THE BOOK,NO PROBLEMS AT FIRST BUT RECENTLY ITLL START WHEN I PRESS THE BUTTON THE GIGABYTE SCREEN WITH INSTRUCTIONS/WHICH KEY FOR WHICH BIOS OPTION THEN IT GOES TO BLACK SCREEN AND REEMS OF NUMBERS SCROLL DOWN,STOP,AND IT SAYS VERIFYING DMI POOL DATA THAN RECOVERING LOST DRAM SIZE THEN RESTARTS. THIS REPEATS 3/4 TIMES THEN WIN7 STARTS.
IS THIS SIMILAR TO YOUR PROBLEM ?,HAVE YOU SORTED YOURS? PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHATS TRANSPIRED OR IF ANYONE HAS THE SOLUTION TO MY GLITCH PLEEEEAAAASE HELP A EAGER BUT LEARNING NOOB. PS SORRY IF THIS IS THE WRONG THREAD IM STILL TRYING TO WORK THESE THINGS OUT.THANKS IN ADVANCE.

cpedley1

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

Be happy to tell you what solved it. It was NOT any of the various techs who willingly gave suggestions even tho that is comforting to know people are willing to do that.

I did two things.
I bought System Mechanic Pro when it was on sale for $29.95. I had used it before. After I did all BSOD's seem to go away for a while. System Mechanic updates often which is comforting even as much as every day for awhile.

But I also bought Advanced System CAre from Iobit. Usually $19.95 I believe but was on sale for $12.95. Free version too but it will not run automatically then. I had used it before as well. They are not conflicting as they run at different times.

Now I don't remember any BSOD's for a long time. Some time I come home and [my PC is often left on during day] I see a Windows logo but I believe it is just returning from hibernation as there is no icon to click to get in as there is in normal login mode.

Both of those inexpensive programs saved me oodles of time, trying various forums such as this one. I even tried one where you pay $49.95 up front but then if not satisfied that it worked, they refund the money. I won't do that again because it was no better than here with willing helpful people.

The software was the answer for me. In System Mechanic there is a desktop gadget which I watch and is green when ok and yellow when in need of some help. If you look at the things they say are wrong, they are often files which are corrupted or startup issues and of course it checks and fixes registry errors.

So that would be my recommendation. Buy those two and save yourself a LOT of time and grief.

Some people here are so computer literate that they think everyone else is. I can research an error but often the answer to the error is as complicated as the error! I am VERY computer literate and owned my own computer business for over 15 years. Now I do webs and blogs instead.

www.doc-computer.com
www.trip-ways.com