Solved

No Posting in boot up.

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • LCD
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 14, 2010 4:12:25 AM

I have an Asus P5KV + E6500 + DDR2 + Cooler Master 550W PSU + LCD. The motherboard has a built-in video. When I turn on the power, the CPU fan rotates, the monitor says no signal. After a silence period of 15 seconds, the system speaker has a short 'doob' sound, and the LCD says having signal. but there is still no display on the screen.

LCD and video cable are proved OK. Connections have been carefully checked. The E6500 is just open from the new package-box. The P5KV + DDR2 + PSU have worked together harmoniously in the last three years.

Does the symtom shows that the CPU is properly functioning, and that the PSU is the most probable trouble-maker.

Thanks for every help.

KJ Leung

More about : posting boot

August 14, 2010 4:23:36 AM

You may need to update your BIOS to 1002 for that CPU.
m
l
August 14, 2010 7:35:09 AM

arthurh said:
You may need to update your BIOS to 1002 for that CPU.

Thanks!

That means I need to go to the service centre for updating the BIOS. Probably the cost may approach to that of a new board.

The motherboard with an outdated BIOS did not give me a chance by showing at least something on the monitor!
m
l
Related resources
August 14, 2010 3:40:01 PM

You can check which BIOS version you have by going to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information.

This takes a few moments to load. It will be next to BIOS Version/Date.

If it needs to be updated go to the M/BD manfg web site and read how to do it for that M/BD. It may be some thing you could do to save you time and money.:) 
m
l
August 21, 2010 1:50:28 PM

I have taken them to the service centre of the local Asus dealer who did not charge me anything to update the BIOS. Thanks.

I could do this update (very easy job) by myself IF I had an (outdated) CPU that the board could recognize.

This is a good lesson to learn. Although we do not need the faetures of a new BIOS, we still need to update the BIOS yearly.
m
l

Best solution

August 21, 2010 2:05:58 PM

HongKee said:
I have taken them to the service centre of the local Asus dealer who did not charge me anything to update the BIOS. Thanks.

I could do this update (very easy job) by myself IF I had an (outdated) CPU that the board could recognize.

This is a good lesson to learn. Although we do not need the faetures of a new BIOS, we still need to update the BIOS yearly.

Did this solve your problem?
August 22, 2010 3:26:58 AM

Best answer selected by HongKee.
m
l
August 22, 2010 3:27:52 AM

arthurh said:
Did this solve your problem?

Yes, thanks.
m
l