Sign in with
Your question

Wireless connection problems

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 3, 2010 12:48:27 AM

hi guys, We have a Asus U50F laptop that is now continually dropping the wireless connection. It has been configured correctly through the Belkin N wireless router as its been working perfectly for almost 12mths. Over last 2 wks it now drops connection and wont automatically connect again NOT even manually. The wireless card is Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN. No amount of rebooting helps. Any suggestions? Mike
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 3, 2010 7:30:53 AM

I would try experimenting with wireless channels in case there's a new wifi network or wireless emitting device in the neighbourhood and it's interfering.

Also try turning off wireless security in your router temporarily.
m
l
July 3, 2010 10:19:25 AM

Hi fihart,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried turning off the security part of the router with no success and very unlikely there is another wireless channel near by as I live on a property in a small rural town and my neighbours are all elderly farmers most of whom don't have internet at all. I will try changing channels though and see if that makes any difference. It's just a bit baffling to know that for near on 12mths all went well and then over a period of a week or two it all goes to crap....thanks for taking the time to reply...cheers
m
l
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 3, 2010 3:15:44 PM

The wireless channel things isn't just about avoiding collisions with other networks. The slightly different frequencies each channel represents work better or worse in different environments.

Obviously that doesn't explain the issue you raise, but it makes it worth experimenting nonetheless.
m
l
!