What's wrong with my 5970?

hazzadis

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Hello,
Ive bought a whole new computer and spent around three grand on it i was hoping to have a computer that will be able to last a few years with out having to do anything to it. I run windows 7 64, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series, 6 gig of 1600 mem

your help would be appreciated

hazzadis

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Sorry I am getting bad results in games like transformers when i move their is double of everything, so it makes everything look blurry, with crisis the trees have this white silhouette around them while i move, and also windows 7 says my graphics card is rated a 2 in the system performance test u do

hazzadis

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
sorry for long reply yes it is inserted properly and i have the card powered correctly i believe. my psu is a coolmaster extreme power plus 650w I o/c my computer and now that i have put it back to normal settings the graphics card seems to be working better. Not sure if it was in the increase of voltage on the board that somehow fixed the problems but seems to be working great now. But any ideas of what u think was wrong with it would be fantastic.

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005

Two possible reasons: you may be underpowering the system, try upgrading your PSU as this can cause system wide issues. Or, you may have had a bad overclock where your voltages were wrong causeing the PCI-E bus to malfunction. I would try the power supply first as a weak PSU can destroy a computer in a short amount of time.