PC wont boot after BIOS upgrade... help needed urgently!

chuckiejones

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
The only idea I got for this problem didn't help as I don't have a video card to try.
I hope there might be another approach to try. Help!??
My earlier post:
Trouble: Blank screen when I power up the configuration. I have a new MSI-890FXA-GD70-Motherboard and new 550w Toppower PS with AMD athlon II x4 640 cpu, 2x4gb kingston hyper dd3 memory, HIS Radeon HD 6790 1Gb pci express 2.1 IceQ X, for which I am using he adapter for VGA right now. My monitor, when turned off and back on, displays "no signal."
I get no two digit error code on the MB and blank screen on two different VGA monitors. I have tried a single 2 gb memory pack in each slot w/ same results. I have disconnected all other devices incl HDD, CD, USBs with same result. I haven't worked recently with inside the cases except to add memory, HDD, etc to working systems. Any tips for the ignorant would be appreciated. I am wanting to get set up for gaming.

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
Did it make a successful BIOS update? After BIOS update, a video card cant just die... Im pretty sure it's the PSU because my brother PSU(Cheap one) failed and it still turns on, everything turned on including HDD(spinning noise) Fans, and Lights but the only problem was that there's no signal... If you have another computer with a 500 watts or higher, use it to see if your computer boot!

chuckiejones

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011

The config is MSI-890FXA-GD70-Motherboard and new 550w Toppower PS with AMD athlon II x4 640 cpu, 2x4gb kingston hyper dd3 memory, HIS Radeon HD 6790 1Gb pci express 2.1 IceQ X, 1TB SATA WD HDD, with Samsung VGA display.

I have not tried clearing the CMOS. I did not see any reference in the manual to CMOS. It is version MS-7640 V1.x Mainboard.

Reading the thread you provided makes me cautious about BIOS, but I never got that far yet.

chuckiejones

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011

\

Thanks Legend Killer. I never got that far. 'No signal' error from the Samsung display is all that flashes momentarily. Only when it is first powered up. I tried powering it up after the boot should be showing something to check for a video signal from the graphics card. Everything is brand new except the keyboard and display.