Turning on, off and on again

hi, hope this is the correct category.

i have a foxconn G31MX Series with quad core processor which when i switch on, turns on for a couple of seconds, turns off, then back on again loading normally.
this only happens after the pc has been switched off for a long while or overnight and it continues to work perfectly ok after this.
is this normal behaviour? any advice would be much appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about turning again
  1. Yes it is, the board is doing a power test of the Power supply unit to make sure all of the power rails are
    within spec.

If there was a fault it would not re-power its self up like you say.
  2. it sounds like a PSU issue. To be specific it sounds like the symptoms of a failing/leaky capacitor.
  3. rincal said:
    hi, hope this is the correct category.

i have a foxconn G31MX Series with quad core processor which when i switch on, turns on for a couple of seconds, turns off, then back on again loading normally.
    this only happens after the pc has been switched off for a long while or overnight and it continues to work perfectly ok after this.
    is this normal behaviour? any advice would be much appreciated.

I get the same - For quite a while, and there hasn't been any problem whatsoever-
  4. Your rig is fine. Doing what it is supposed to.
  5. iam2thecrowe said:
    it sounds like a PSU issue. To be specific it sounds like the symptoms of a failing/leaky capacitor.

+ 1 I agree with that.
  6. If you have a cheapo PSU I would replace it to be safe, they tend to take components with them.

However, I have a PC at home that has been doing it since day one (can't remember if it does it every time or not) and hasn't had an issue for about 1.5 years.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Quad Core