Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Do you polish your case?

Last response: in Components
Share
October 26, 2010 8:17:47 AM

Hi :hello:  I often polish my case because I tryed to make my computer look nice and pretty i have a thermaltake v3 I also wipe the side window every 2-3 days. Anyways do you polish your case? and with what?

More about : polish case

a c 104 ) Power supply
October 26, 2010 8:32:18 AM

I dust the outside of mine with a household duster,
and vacuum the inside using a cocktail stick or similar to catch any pet hair or bigger bits of fluff, I think the word 'polish' should be replaced by 'clean' to be honest, and you'll find the answer on here to usually be a yes :)  although some of us are more picky about it than others hehe
Moto
a c 254 ) Power supply
October 26, 2010 8:34:53 AM

Insert bad tool polishing joke here { } :sol: 
Related resources
October 26, 2010 8:41:22 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
I dust the outside of mine with a household duster,
and vacuum the inside using a cocktail stick or similar to catch any pet hair or bigger bits of fluff, I think the word 'polish' should be replaced by 'clean' to be honest, and you'll find the answer on here to usually be a yes :)  although some of us are more picky about it than others hehe
Moto


I dont vacuum inside my case. Im so afraid im gunna slip and hit maybe the ram or wreck a fan
a b ) Power supply
October 26, 2010 11:53:13 AM

thatasiankid said:
I dont vacuum inside my case. Im so afraid im gunna slip and hit maybe the ram or wreck a fan


Be careful then! Unless you really smack it hard you're not gonna break anything.

Some domestic vacuum cleaners can create static though, which will be very, very bad to them electronics. You can get anti-static vacuum cleaners though, which are a godsend.
October 26, 2010 11:55:20 AM

I clean mine with a bucket and sponge
October 26, 2010 12:01:27 PM

I once put my old computer in the dishwasher dryed it for a few days it was as clean as new.
a b ) Power supply
October 26, 2010 12:11:13 PM

I vaccuum the dust filters every couple of weeks and dust the top as and when it needs. The inside hardly ever gets done, only if I'm in there anyway, and i've never polished or wiped it outside of that.
a c 104 ) Power supply
October 26, 2010 7:16:50 PM

LePhuronn said:
Be careful then! Unless you really smack it hard you're not gonna break anything.

Some domestic vacuum cleaners can create static though, which will be very, very bad to them electronics. You can get anti-static vacuum cleaners though, which are a godsend.



You can also make a grounding line that slips over the nozzle, (See my last link :p )
Plus the nozzle is very rarely closer than 6'' to a component, I loosen any fluff with a non-conductive 'pokey-stick' Tm :p 
Fans are prevented from turning using clips and I also use anti-static brushes
Moto
October 26, 2010 7:33:06 PM

stick it in, wildly suck in every corner, then smash it around til you hear something break off somewhere, and you're done. Come on. Polish the outside, nice troll job. Everybody fell for it.
October 26, 2010 7:57:40 PM

I like to lick mine clean....
a c 164 ) Power supply
October 26, 2010 8:17:24 PM

Rustyy117 said:
I like to lick mine clean....


so does my dog....lucky bastards!
October 26, 2010 8:20:31 PM

ct1615 said:
so does my dog....lucky bastards!


You let your dog lick yours? Wow! what a kind, noble person you are.

If only there were more people in the world like you.
October 26, 2010 9:26:19 PM

just wipe the dust off of the case usually... save the polishing for my car :D 
October 26, 2010 9:38:19 PM

I really only ever clean it when I spill beer on it. So I guess you could say I polish it with Guinness. And yes it has happend. Always buy a good beer proof case.
October 27, 2010 2:13:16 AM

c_for said:
I really only ever clean it when I spill beer on it. So I guess you could say I polish it with Guinness. And yes it has happend. Always buy a good beer proof case.

Agreed but my spill is usually Bud Light :) 
Dave
October 27, 2010 6:23:12 AM

Silly answers... Beer, lick, dishwasher, bucket and sponge... You people. :pfff: 

(hiding my toilet brush and disinfectant cleaner) :lol: 
a b ) Power supply
October 27, 2010 8:49:48 AM

beer is not for the computer its for the keyboard......
a b ) Power supply
October 27, 2010 9:15:13 AM

sometimes it ends up in the washing machine when I accidentally leave it in my pants...
!