Sign in with
Your question

SSD loading slower or same speed as HDD???

Tags:
  • SSD
  • Hard Drives
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
November 12, 2012 5:03:15 PM

Hi guys, Got a mushkin enchanced chronos 120gb SSD. in my computer w/games/os/productivity software on it. (it's still got 30 gigs of unfilled space)

Cold boot's about 21s vs 31s off of HDD. everything launches faster than off of the HDD too.

I was wondering why when I'm on GW2, the load times seem even slower than when it was installed on my hdd??? the load times for areas are usually 12-13 seconds on the SSD but only 10s on the HDD... No idea the SSD is slower when it's faster on pretty much everything else....

More about : ssd loading slower speed hdd

November 12, 2012 5:19:59 PM

Shouldn't be that way. No easy way to be sure what the cause is. I would upgrade the firmware and see if that helps.
m
l
November 12, 2012 6:55:37 PM

flexxar said:
Shouldn't be that way. No easy way to be sure what the cause is. I would upgrade the firmware and see if that helps.

It's already on the latest firware from mushkin.
m
l
Related resources
a c 138 G Storage
November 12, 2012 8:07:26 PM

make sure the ssd is on the intel 6g port. also make sure you have newest bios on your mb. the newest intel chipset drivers and the newest Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver. the ones on asus are older then ones on intel.
then download as ssd tool
http://downloads.guru3d.com/AS-SSD-Benchmark-download-2...
it make sure your mb sata running in achi and the istore drivers are loaded.
m
l
November 13, 2012 8:25:22 PM

smorizio said:
make sure the ssd is on the intel 6g port. also make sure you have newest bios on your mb. the newest intel chipset drivers and the newest Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver. the ones on asus are older then ones on intel.
then download as ssd tool
http://downloads.guru3d.com/AS-SSD-Benchmark-download-2...
it make sure your mb sata running in achi and the istore drivers are loaded.

The motherboard automatically runs in ACHU and the Rapid storage tech is updated. still same load times.
m
l
!