Remove Toshiba Tecra S1 Wifi Unit

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
December 3, 2004 12:32:10 AM

Hi there,

How do you get to the Mini PCI WIFI card in the Tecra S1. I've gotten
as far as getting the keyboard off.

Have removed battery pack and there's a few clips there but i don't
want to force anything in case i'm going the wrong way about it.

Cheers
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 3, 2004 11:53:57 PM

On most Toshiba models, they are accessed easily from a compartment on
the bottom (like memory expansion).

Jedidumbasskicker wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> How do you get to the Mini PCI WIFI card in the Tecra S1. I've gotten
> as far as getting the keyboard off.
>
> Have removed battery pack and there's a few clips there but i don't
> want to force anything in case i'm going the wrong way about it.
>
> Cheers
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 4, 2004 7:51:58 AM

On 2 Dec 2004 21:32:10 -0800, jedidumbasskicker@hotmail.com
(Jedidumbasskicker) wrote:

:>Hi there,
:>
:>How do you get to the Mini PCI WIFI card in the Tecra S1. I've gotten
:>as far as getting the keyboard off.
:>
:>Have removed battery pack and there's a few clips there but i don't
:>want to force anything in case i'm going the wrong way about it.
:>
:>Cheers

The palm rest has to come off. The wifi card is underneath it on the left
side. BTW, it is next to impossible to remove the palm rest without
breaking at least one or two of the plastic tabs that hold it in place. If
you're lucky the ones you break won't keep the palm rest from reattaching
securely.

Good luck,
me/2
!