Need advice on software to make a decent, working, Photo C..

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 28, 2004 3:43:21 AM

ARRRGGGGGGHHHHH,

Getting very frustrated trying to make a friggin' simple photo CD / DVD
of some very old scanned slides. I Scanned a ton of old slides for my
wifes grandparents and I have yet to complete a decent working Photo
CD. I tried NERO and have been blowing coaster after coaster...I could
have sworn that I had made some Photos CD's with versions previous to
my current NERO 6 Ultra....

Anyhow, I would like to make a cool picture CD to play on their DVD
player (before these lovely people pass on) and really need to be
pointed in the right direction !!

Thanks,

Joeman....
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 4:42:46 AM

Jman wrote:
> ARRRGGGGGGHHHHH,
>
> Getting very frustrated trying to make a friggin' simple photo CD / DVD
> of some very old scanned slides. I Scanned a ton of old slides for my
> wifes grandparents and I have yet to complete a decent working Photo
> CD. I tried NERO and have been blowing coaster after coaster...I could
> have sworn that I had made some Photos CD's with versions previous to
> my current NERO 6 Ultra....
>
> Anyhow, I would like to make a cool picture CD to play on their DVD
> player (before these lovely people pass on) and really need to be
> pointed in the right direction !!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joeman....

That should be very easy.
Make sure that your images are in jpg format.
Use fresh 48X speed CDs but burn at something less than the rated write
speed of your CD-R burner. Does your CD burner have buffer underrun
protection built in?
Try burning them as Data CDs

SPECIFICALLY, what is your problem?
You can't copy?
You can't play the copy you made?
Will it play back on your computer but not on a DVD player?
Please give us as much information as possible.
Otherwise we are just "shooting in the dark".
Bob Williams
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 4:20:46 PM

My burner is the LG 16x16 Dual Layer DVD burner. I also have the LG
48x24x48 CDRW / DVD combo drive. The hardware is not the issue.
Software is the problem.
The Disc's that I create with Nero just don't work period (and I have 3
different DVD players, not including my many computers....).

I want to be able to record my digital images onto these CD's or DVD's
using a program that will reliably create a Photo CD. That's it !! I
do want the ability to create and edit menus so that chapter points can
be selected when the Disc starts to play in the DVD player (not unlike
a normal DVD movie). Does anyone know if Pinnacle Studio 9 make such a
disc ??

That Flip Album software and DVD Picture show sure looks very
interesting though....doesn't it ?? That might be worth a look. Too
bad about the high cost.

Joeman...
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 8:58:15 PM

I just started using Uleads DVD Pictureshow and the results are great. I
tried several others incl Roxio and PS Album and this is the easiest to use.

Dennis
"Jman" <mooglieman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ARRRGGGGGGHHHHH,
>
> Getting very frustrated trying to make a friggin' simple photo CD / DVD
> of some very old scanned slides. I Scanned a ton of old slides for my
> wifes grandparents and I have yet to complete a decent working Photo
> CD. I tried NERO and have been blowing coaster after coaster...I could
> have sworn that I had made some Photos CD's with versions previous to
> my current NERO 6 Ultra....
>
> Anyhow, I would like to make a cool picture CD to play on their DVD
> player (before these lovely people pass on) and really need to be
> pointed in the right direction !!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joeman....

Anonymous
December 28, 2004 8:58:16 PM

flipalbum is neat. (http://www.flipalbum.com/)

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 5:40:25 PM

> My burner is the LG 16x16 Dual Layer DVD burner. I also have the LG
> 48x24x48 CDRW / DVD combo drive. The hardware is not the issue.
> Software is the problem.
> The Disc's that I create with Nero just don't work period (and I have 3
> different DVD players, not including my many computers....).
>
> I want to be able to record my digital images onto these CD's or DVD's
> using a program that will reliably create a Photo CD. That's it !! I
> do want the ability to create and edit menus so that chapter points can
> be selected when the Disc starts to play in the DVD player (not unlike
> a normal DVD movie). Does anyone know if Pinnacle Studio 9 make such a
> disc ??
>
> That Flip Album software and DVD Picture show sure looks very
> interesting though....doesn't it ?? That might be worth a look. Too
> bad about the high cost.
>
> Joeman...

Kind of had the same trouble with music CD-RW discs not playing in
particular players around the house. Thought I was doing something real
wrong at the computer when burning. Turned out to be the discs and the
player compatibility. Players just would not read CR-RW disc. Burned same
music using same software and computer and this time used elcheapo CD-R
disc. Bingo! All worked!

Good Luck! Walt
!