1. Install the drive into your PC.
2. Start Windows.
3. G to Control Panel > Admin Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management
4. Find the ribbon in the bottom-right panel which relates to that drive.
5. Right-click on that and choose Delete Volume.
6. Right-click again and choose "Create New Simple Volume"
7. Right-click again and choose "Format"
When formatting is complete you can use the drive.
If, however, you want to install Windows on that drive, you can delete the partition with the Windows Setup disc.