Will this PSU work w/ this Mobo/CPU?

Slomoshun

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010

The thing is I already have the 500w Xclio in my rig now, and I'm planning on upgrading the CPU/Mobo/Ram within the next couple days-week.

I was trying to make sure that the Xclio will handle that board/cpu I linked up top and HD 5770 with no prob.

Your Xclio will handle that system fine with a HD5770!

Slomoshun

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Ok thanks a lot guys. So WHEN I get another 5770 should I get a PSU in the 750 range you think? Or just go all out and get the 1k?

I mean, my Xclio has a second 6pin power cable just for another PCI card, so I thought it would be able to handle it, but I take your word of my assumption haha.

Here are the system requirements for the 5770:

ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 Graphics

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://support.amd.com/us/certified/power-supplies/Pages/listing.aspx for a list of Certified products
Minimum 1GB of system memory
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
DVD playback requires DVD drive
Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
For an ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card (included) are required

The recommended PSU is for the entire system so a 750W PSU is overkill since with a good 600W or 650W is enough for the Crossfire.

Slomoshun

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010

thanks man.