ASUS P8P67 regular version bluetooth question.

rgieg

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Hi has anyone tried the bluetooth with this mobo? I am trying to use it with a pair of sony bluetooth headphones and I get really choppy sound. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

chillgreg

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009

I've tried with my Nokia phone, it seems to work pretty well, but I suspect that because the bluetooth receiver is at the back of the PC, then transmission strength may be an issue. I couldn't get the Asus BT Go to work at all, but the native Windows 7 (through Windows update) Bluetooth functionality seemed pretty good. Was able to access the phones memory, transfer files, and listen to music on the pc from the phone. Albeit the quality wasn't fantastic. I again suspect that the bandwidth of USB 2.x is a bit low for this, combined with low signal strenght. I see the new Asus motherboards support high-speed Bluetooth 3.0. Perhaps a USB port on the front of the PC with a Bluetooth 3.0 dongle might get superior results.

Hope that helps :)
Greg

rgieg

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
thanks for the reply guys. I fully charged my heaset and still choppy signal. Also range shouldnt be teh problem cause I'm standing right next to the pc. Has anyone actually got it to work with clear sound? Thanks alot

chillgreg

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009

have they worked with another bt device before?

chillgreg

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009

I'm stabbing in the dark here, so bear with me lol

Are the Sony's disconnected from all other bt devices before you connect with your pc?

Have you upgraded to the latest bt drivers both through Windows Update and the Asus website?

Do the Sony's have any additional configuration options?

Also suggest checking the Sony forums.