(Resovled) 1st Time Building..Posts...What's next?

ibarnzy

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Ok so I have limited knowledge on computers. Built my first one and resolved my first issue thanks to other threads here. My question is now that it's come up what do I do next. I'm assuming I need to install the OS, but confused by the message on my screen.

"Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a key"

I'm confused as to what I need to do next. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Solution
Basically that means it cant find anything to boot off of because there is no OS installed on the hard drive. Go into BIOS and change your optical drive to being first in the boot order. Put in your OS install disc and follow the onscreen instructions.
Basically that means it cant find anything to boot off of because there is no OS installed on the hard drive. Go into BIOS and change your optical drive to being first in the boot order. Put in your OS install disc and follow the onscreen instructions.

Solution

ibarnzy

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Thanks for the input. Will give that a try. Been having tough time getting into the BIOS. Read and re-read my manual, looked at support on web, and other forums. Either I haven't looked in the right area or I'm a complete idiot and should not have taken on this task in the first place. Either way I think I have another attempt to getting into the BIOS. I know that not all boards use the same key to enter. Going to try the F2. It's for a ASUS M4A77TD.

Thanks again.

ibarnzy

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
It was "delete", just wasn't jamming on the key quick enough. Don't know how quickly I could have resolved my issue without the help on this site. THANKS!!!!!! Now, I'm sure down the line I'll be able to zip though the next build(s).

THANKS AGAIN!!!!