Can ut2004 log on to a ut2003 server?

Last response: in Video Games
November 19, 2004 1:34:34 AM

I have got ut2003 and ut2004. One copy each. I wondered if I can put
ut2003 on one machine and logon to a LAN match with ut2004 on another?

anyone tried, they have the same engine, don't they/

tony d

---
November 19, 2004 1:43:03 AM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:34:34 GMT, "tony d"
<webmail.deeney@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>I have got ut2003 and ut2004. One copy each. I wondered if I can put
>ut2003 on one machine and logon to a LAN match with ut2004 on another?

No.

>anyone tried, they have the same engine, don't they/

Very similar, not the same.
November 19, 2004 2:00:46 AM

ok...thanks.
just an idea.
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:34:34 GMT, "tony d"
> <webmail.deeney@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>I have got ut2003 and ut2004. One copy each. I wondered if I can put
>>ut2003 on one machine and logon to a LAN match with ut2004 on another?
>
> No.
>
>>anyone tried, they have the same engine, don't they/
>
> Very similar, not the same.

---
November 20, 2004 11:13:59 PM

"tony d" <webmail.deeney@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I have got ut2003 and ut2004. One copy each. I wondered if I can put
> ut2003 on one machine and logon to a LAN match with ut2004 on another?
>
> anyone tried, they have the same engine, don't they/

Not quite.

Originally Epic planned to make the game backwardly compatible but they
needed to redesign the netcode for the vehicles in UK2K4.
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 11:05:14 PM

Brian coughed up:
> "tony d" <webmail.deeney@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> I have got ut2003 and ut2004. One copy each. I wondered if I can
>> put ut2003 on one machine and logon to a LAN match with ut2004 on
>> another?
>>
>> anyone tried, they have the same engine, don't they/
>
> Not quite.
>
> Originally Epic planned to make the game backwardly compatible but
> they needed to redesign the netcode for the vehicles in UK2K4.

Whoa. Britain 2004? ;)

--
"It's easier to be terrified by an enemy you admire."
-Thufir Hawat, Mentat and Master of Assassins to House Atreides

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:05:14 GMT, Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

> Whoa. Britain 2004? ;)

We should be so lucky. :/

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1