Can ut2004 log on to a ut2003 server?

I have got ut2003 and ut2004. One copy each. I wondered if I can put
ut2003 on one machine and logon to a LAN match with ut2004 on another?

anyone tried, they have the same engine, don't they/

tony d

---
More about ut2004 ut2003 server

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:34:34 GMT, "tony d"
    <webmail.deeney@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >I have got ut2003 and ut2004. One copy each. I wondered if I can put
    >ut2003 on one machine and logon to a LAN match with ut2004 on another?

    No.

    >anyone tried, they have the same engine, don't they/

    Very similar, not the same.

    ok...thanks.
    just an idea.
    > On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:34:34 GMT, "tony d"
    > <webmail.deeney@ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I have got ut2003 and ut2004. One copy each. I wondered if I can put
    >>ut2003 on one machine and logon to a LAN match with ut2004 on another?
    >
    > No.
    >
    >>anyone tried, they have the same engine, don't they/
    >
    > Very similar, not the same.

    ---

    "tony d" <webmail.deeney@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > I have got ut2003 and ut2004. One copy each. I wondered if I can put
    > ut2003 on one machine and logon to a LAN match with ut2004 on another?
    >
    > anyone tried, they have the same engine, don't they/

    Not quite.

    Originally Epic planned to make the game backwardly compatible but they
    needed to redesign the netcode for the vehicles in UK2K4.

    Brian coughed up:
    > "tony d" <webmail.deeney@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> I have got ut2003 and ut2004. One copy each. I wondered if I can
    >> put ut2003 on one machine and logon to a LAN match with ut2004 on
    >> another?
    >>
    >> anyone tried, they have the same engine, don't they/
    >
    > Not quite.
    >
    > Originally Epic planned to make the game backwardly compatible but
    > they needed to redesign the netcode for the vehicles in UK2K4.

    Whoa. Britain 2004? ;)

    --
    "It's easier to be terrified by an enemy you admire."
    -Thufir Hawat, Mentat and Master of Assassins to House Atreides

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:05:14 GMT, Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

    > Whoa. Britain 2004? ;)

    We should be so lucky. :/

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

Virus Servers Video Games