Need help in buying new ssd+hdd

4eyed

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
I am currently using a Hitachi 160gb SATA II hdd, and, as you could guess, it's very small and slow. I am interested in buying a new SSD and HDD, but i have no idea which ones are good.

I am looking into buying a ~120gb SSD, for the OS and programmes and whatnot, and a 1tb HDD for, well, everything else.

As for the price, i would like it to be up to, and maybe just a bit more than 200$, and, ofc, if investing 20-30$ more will give me a much better product, then it's ok.

I was looking at a Samsung 830 series 120gb ssd, and at Seagate Barracuda 1tb Sata3 HDD. If these are not very fast and reliable, then please add your suggestions.

4eyed

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Thank you very much for the reply, i'm happy to know they are good drives, but the problem is, i live in Europe, i just converted the prices from amazon.de ( EUR to USD ). It seems that the prices are quite a bit different. Here, the barracuda costs 70e ( around 75-80$ ) and the samsung costs 95e ( around 100-110$ ).

Basically, i want to know if i could get something better for a similar price.

for 200 that is a steal high way robbery. I like the samsung 830 I have that exact model and 1 tb seagate drive that's cheap to.

I'm in agreeance you in most cases could get that ssd for 200 dollars let alone that hard drive and that ssd for 200 that is a steal/deal. :ouch: