Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Southbridge cooler

Last response: in Components
October 27, 2010 5:20:03 PM

Hey guys! this is my second attempt to try and solve this, I posted in the OCing section, and only a couple people responded.... =/ (here is the link for the thread http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/262353-29-tomshardwar... ).
I have a core i7 930 OC'ed to 3.41 ghz, and when I was monitoring my temps, I saw my O/I hub going up to 100+ Celsius, I was wondering, WHAT COOLER SHOULD I GET??

Thanks all! ~~Atotalnoob

More about : southbridge cooler

October 28, 2010 2:21:00 AM

doesn't anyone actually reply to threads?
Score
October 28, 2010 2:30:43 AM

Probably a faulty sensor. Stick your hand in there and feel it. If it is actually at 100c you'll feel it. If its cool to the touch or slightly warm then its a faulty sensor. If that is the case you can either ignore it or replace the mobo. As for that spot cooler... unless have little or no air flow in your case pointing a fan right at it wont have enough of an effect if it actually is running that hot.
Score
Related resources
October 28, 2010 2:56:36 AM

Quote:
I just stuck my hand in, (PC wizard says it is 102C ATM) and it is definitly ALOT hotter then the ambient temp, and hotter then the CPU, and GPU, but I didn't get burned severly, so I think it is faulty....
that is from the thread.....
Score

Best solution

October 28, 2010 3:22:35 AM

Sorry, missed that part. I would definitely say that the temperature sensor is faulty. 102C is 216F you shouldn't be able to touch that thing if it was actually at that temp. If you can touch it and keep your hand there then there's nothing to worry about, but if its really bothering you replace the board.
October 28, 2010 11:22:54 AM

I can't replace the board, I'd have no computer, and I can't live like that! lol... it is hotter then the rest, so I think a cooler is worth it.
Score
November 4, 2010 1:21:33 AM

Best answer selected by atotalnoob.
Score
November 4, 2010 1:22:40 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!