Sign in with
Your question

Emachines el1300g 02w heatsink

Last response: in Components
October 27, 2010 5:25:32 PM

Hi, I just upgraded my emachines EL 1300 1.6ghz AMD with a 2.3ghz AMD dual core, it was so easy, BUT the stock heatsink has a small round base to it and it doesnt cover the whole cpu area, just the middle section! I am seeing temps in the 114 f range when the computer is idle! WHERE can I find a better heatsink/fan that has a square base and covers the whole cpu AND will fit the stock mounting 4 hole screw ins? I am used to the clip on clamp down type heatsinks and am unfamiliar with this type of screw in mounting configuration!! Please Help!!
October 27, 2010 5:40:19 PM

i did a similar emachines upgrade recently but I went with a 45w TDP dual core. what CPU did you upgrade to? they should be the same size otherwise they would not fit in the socket
October 27, 2010 6:22:26 PM

ct1615 said:
i did a similar emachines upgrade recently but I went with a 45w TDP dual core. what CPU did you upgrade to? they should be the same size otherwise they would not fit in the socket

Hi, I used a AMD Athlon X2 4450e 45w processor, the processor fits just fine, its the stock heatsink/fan that sits on top of the cpu thats the problem, it has a circular base about a little bigger than a quarter! the cpu is square and now its a dual core so I need a heatsink fan that will cover the whole processor area and it also has to have 4 screws to hold it down, its not a clamp in type heatsink.
Related resources
October 27, 2010 6:31:08 PM

ct1615 said:

if you can see by the picture of the motherboard, I need a HEATSINK/fan that will screw down to those 4 copper looking bolt holes surrounding the socket....(IGNORE THE CIRCLED ONES, THATS NOT THE ONES IM TALKING ABOUT!)

here is where the picture is:

www.e4allupgraders.info/dir2/images/motherboards/boxer_...

I tried to make a link to it but the website wont allow it!
October 27, 2010 7:41:07 PM

your link doesn't seem to work, at least for me

but i know exactly what you are talking about. its a cylinder heat sink, attached by 4 spring screws, and a 92mm fan. that HSF should work, double check it attached properly, the round base does not make a difference. after all your last CPU was square also.

you can also get an aftermarket HSF that comes with a universal back plate. all emachines did was remove the AM2 bracket that uses the clip ons. the bracket is attached by the same screw holes.
October 27, 2010 8:01:22 PM

ct1615 said:

but i know exactly what you are talking about. its a cylinder heat sink, attached by 4 spring screws, and a 92mm fan. that HSF should work, double check it attached properly, the round base does not make a difference. after all your last CPU was square also.

you can also get an aftermarket HSF that comes with a universal back plate. all emachines did was remove the AM2 bracket that uses the clip ons. the bracket is attached by the same screw holes.

Ok good to know, But I dont think your getting what Im saying, I had a single core cpu in there, now I have a dual core cpu , isnt the heat put out by the dual core more???? if so then the stock heatsink would not be enough for the dual core right??

oh and the stock one does function, Im currently using it, but dont think its enough for the heat of the dual core. Thanks.
October 27, 2010 8:41:36 PM

the dual core does create more heat but not a lot more. the emachines system I upgrades from from an AMD sepron to an athlon x2 4850e. temps went from high 30's to high 40's during work but the PC just uses MS office and surfs the web. plus its a slim line case.

you can always upgrade the 92mm fan on the HSF.
November 20, 2010 8:57:58 AM

ct1615 said:

NOPE, you dont know what your talking about!!! I was wondering about you and some of the suggestions you had...and my suspicions were correct...YOU ARE WRONG!!!! you shouldnt suggest things of which you have NO IDEA!!! I got an AM2 bracket and heatsink, and was going to replace it on YOUR ADVICE, and NOPE, they are not even CLOSE!! it wont work, but thanks for the BAD advice!! good thing it was only about $10.00 that I wasted buying the AM2 bracket/heatsink and fan!! thanks for Nothing!! your a "wrecky" not techy!!!
March 1, 2011 8:52:28 PM

kidsdad777 said:
Hi, I just upgraded my emachines EL 1300 1.6ghz AMD with a 2.3ghz AMD dual core, it was so easy, BUT the stock heatsink has a small round base to it and it doesnt cover the whole cpu area, just the middle section! I am seeing temps in the 114 f range when the computer is idle! WHERE can I find a better heatsink/fan that has a square base and covers the whole cpu AND will fit the stock mounting 4 hole screw ins? I am used to the clip on clamp down type heatsinks and am unfamiliar with this type of screw in mounting configuration!! Please Help!!

emachines did away with the standard heatsink on this model and if you look hard enough you will find that a lga775(intel) fan and heatsink fits and youll have no problems in the cooling dept anymore
July 3, 2012 4:15:11 AM

kidsdad777 said:

did you put thermal compund on your CPU???
!