Moving OS to SSD from HDD

monster10888

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
I would like to install my OS on my SSD, but keep most (if not all) of current data.

Currently I have a 120GB SSD, which I wish to have my OS on as well as other stuff such as games and what not. I got a 1TB HDD, which my OS is currently on, along with all my other data. I also have three 250GB HDDs that I want to set up in a RAID0 array (made the mistake of not setting it up properly when i first installed the OS).

I am not sure how i can go about doing this. I would like a clean install of the OS if possible, but it's not necessary. I would also like to keep most of my data because I have no other drive to store it on.
I would like my program files x64 folder on my 1TB, and I read a very nice guide how to set it up as such with tweaking some registry settings, but I can't find that guide for the life of me now (I have no idea what the hell I googled).

Also, if I am able to do this OS transfer, am I also able to partition my SSD to just have a section for the OS and a section for all the other stuff? (The OS has so many ugly folders)

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I was able to get my RAID0 set-up working via a Google search and regedit.