Need Help w/ USB 3.0 Config for CM HAF-X case

I was doing a build last night with a Cooler Master HAF-X case and could not figure out the USB 3.0 front panel configuration. There are 2 long blue USB 3.0 cables that come from the front panel but I don't know what to do with them. I was expecting to have a 10 pin input port on the end of the cable to plug in to the Motherboard but that was not the case at all. It was an actual USB port.

Does anyone have any experience with the HAF-X case? I was trying to hook this up to an ASUS Sabertooth X-58 Motherboard. I already have the USB 2.0 connector hooked up. I am just trying to figure out what to do with the cables to the USB 3.0 port.

Solution
With the HAF-X, at the moment you'll need to run those USB 3.0 cables out behind the case (you can use one of the grommeted holes in the back for this) and plug them into the USB 3.0 ports on the rea r IO Panel of your motherboard. As rolli59 mentioned above, practically no boards support internal USB 3.0 headers currently, which I guess is why Cooler Master included the extension cables instead.

thefivetheory

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
With the HAF-X, at the moment you'll need to run those USB 3.0 cables out behind the case (you can use one of the grommeted holes in the back for this) and plug them into the USB 3.0 ports on the rea r IO Panel of your motherboard. As rolli59 mentioned above, practically no boards support internal USB 3.0 headers currently, which I guess is why Cooler Master included the extension cables instead.

Solution

It appears that you are right.

I think it is really awesome that Cooler Master released that 99% of motherboards do not have USB 3.0 pin connectors so they imprevised, added a 3rd grommet hole then provided cables that you could run along the top of the case, out the back of the case through the grommet hole to the USB 3.0 ports on the back of the motherboard.

I would shake the hand of the Cooler Master Engineer who came up with that idea.

Great job Cooler Master! You truely are an industry leader.