Help sony viao won't charge or power up

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
a b ) Power supply
December 4, 2004 9:27:57 AM

I have a mdl PCG-883L with good power supply won't charge or power up.

More about : sony viao charge power

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b ) Power supply
December 4, 2004 2:27:07 PM

"BILL SMITH" <me@home.com> wrote:
>I have a mdl PCG-883L with good power supply won't charge or power up.

Try removing the battery and see if it'll power up. How do you know
for sure your power supply is any good?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b ) Power supply
December 5, 2004 6:52:12 AM

Will not start with or without the battery.
Bought a new power supply no change.

<William P.N. Smith> wrote in message
news:o 9p3r0t8qtfqe28tq42hnsbcuvotmlgsai@4ax.com...
> "BILL SMITH" <me@home.com> wrote:
> >I have a mdl PCG-883L with good power supply won't charge or power up.
>
> Try removing the battery and see if it'll power up. How do you know
> for sure your power supply is any good?

a b D Laptop
a b ) Power supply
December 6, 2004 11:07:44 AM

Is there an FX-series number on the front? If so these have a supply
issue that we repair a ton of. Its not to complex and is an across the
board issue.. (All fx series). If you need some help just yell.
ken@ikenfixit.com
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b ) Power supply
December 6, 2004 12:26:26 PM

"BILL SMITH" <me@home.com> wrote in message
> I have a mdl PCG-883L with good power supply won't charge or power up.

Is the battery a lithium ion battery?

If so it may be over discharged. Once the battery voltage falls below 3
volts per cell, the charger will refuse to charge it (as it should).

If the battery has been in this condition for any length of time ***DO NOT
ATTEMPT TO RECHARGE IT***. The battery must be disposed of.

People will tell you that the battery can be recovered. It may be possible,
but unless you know exactly what you are doing, the battery can erupt in a
huge fireball, and will ignite anything flammable within 2 metres of it.
!