Add/Remove Programs....?

Andrew

Got an anomaly…! In my Add/Remove Programs..
A Big black box appears as if its a program..!
(Put a few JPEGs on site.. http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/willer/index.html )

And takes up 90% of the 'currently installed programs' box..!

Does not have Change/Remove button Visible.. So cant uninstall whatever it
is..?

Is there a way to manually remove it, or at least find out what it is..?

Tried Regclean and a few other utilities but no luck so far..!
--
Thanks For Any Help

map

Andrew wrote:
> Got an anomaly.! In my Add/Remove Programs..
> A Big black box appears as if its a program..!
> (Put a few JPEGs on site..
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/willer/index.html )
>
> And takes up 90% of the 'currently installed programs' box..!
>
> Does not have Change/Remove button Visible.. So cant uninstall
> whatever it is..?
>
> Is there a way to manually remove it, or at least find out what it
> is..?
>
> Tried Regclean and a few other utilities but no luck so far..!

Hi Andrew,
Scroll down to addremove-white space, I know yours is black but that doesn't
matter.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm
run the auto cad fix and reboot.

--
Mike Pawlak

Andrew

sorry no can do... No add/remove button..

in fact no information at all just big black block, even when selected.
can select program above and below to see their add/remove button, but none
for the black box..! Is it software from another dimension..?

"MAP" wrote:

> Andrew wrote:
> > Got an anomaly.! In my Add/Remove Programs..
> > A Big black box appears as if its a program..!
> > (Put a few JPEGs on site..
> > http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/willer/index.html )
> >
> > And takes up 90% of the 'currently installed programs' box..!
> >
> > Does not have Change/Remove button Visible.. So cant uninstall
> > whatever it is..?
> >
> > Is there a way to manually remove it, or at least find out what it
> > is..?
> >
> > Tried Regclean and a few other utilities but no luck so far..!
>
> Hi Andrew,
> Scroll down to addremove-white space, I know yours is black but that doesn't
> matter.
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm
> run the auto cad fix and reboot.
>
> --
> Mike Pawlak

map

You miss understand,go to the link I provided at kellys-korner once at this
link you will find a listing for add-remove and under that heading a
sub-listing for add-remove white space,there you will find two registry
fixes for your problem download them both and then run them,reboot
afterwards.;-)

--
Mike Pawlak

Thanks for your help.. But Nope.. Still no go.
Interesting page though..bookmarked for further investigation.

The Scripts change..
...\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-0138-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\DisplayIcon
...\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\DisplayIcon
havent got them (autocadadd & autodesk) on system.... so not in Reg..

is there anything from MS.. on the subject..?

"MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
| You miss understand,go to the link I provided at kellys-korner once at
this
| link you will find a listing for add-remove and under that heading a
| sub-listing for add-remove white space,there you will find two registry
| fixes for your problem download them both and then run them,reboot
| afterwards.;-)
|

| Andrew wrote:
| > sorry no can do... No add/remove button..
| >
| > in fact no information at all just big black block, even when
| > selected. can select program above and below to see their add/remove
| > button, but none for the black box..! Is it software from another
| > dimension..?

| >> Hi Andrew,
| >> Scroll down to addremove-white space, I know yours is black but that
| >> doesn't matter.
| >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm
| >> run the auto cad fix and reboot.
| >>
| >> --
| >> Mike Pawlak
|
| --
| Mike Pawlak

map

> havent got them (autocadadd & autodesk) on system.... so not in Reg
From what I have read here in these newsgroups these fixes should work, even
if you don't have autocad installed.

I also saw in another group that you posted in a responce from David Candy
that fix should have worked as well,you mught want to go back to his reply
and follow the steps once again who knows its possiable that you might have
missed something?Good Luck!

--
Mike Pawlak

Here is a script which lists all the negative icon references and sends them
to a log file
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/reg/ARPNegCheck.vbs

Download the VBScript and run it. When you see the log file, copy the
contents and paste them here.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"news.msn.com" <willer2000@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Thanks for your help.. But Nope.. Still no go.
> Interesting page though..bookmarked for further investigation.
>
> The Scripts change..
> ..\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-0138-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\DisplayIcon
> ..\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\DisplayIcon
> havent got them (autocadadd & autodesk) on system.... so not in Reg..
>
> is there anything from MS.. on the subject..?
>
> "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> | You miss understand,go to the link I provided at kellys-korner once at
> this
> | link you will find a listing for add-remove and under that heading a
> | sub-listing for add-remove white space,there you will find two registry
> | fixes for your problem download them both and then run them,reboot
> | afterwards.;-)
> |

> | Andrew wrote:
> | > sorry no can do... No add/remove button..
> | >
> | > in fact no information at all just big black block, even when
> | > selected. can select program above and below to see their add/remove
> | > button, but none for the black box..! Is it software from another
> | > dimension..?

> | --
> | Mike Pawlak

Andrew

Add/Remove Programs entries with negative icon references

<-----Begin----->

None found....
* Where HKLM refers to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

<-----End----->

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Here is a script which lists all the negative icon references and sends them
> to a log file
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/reg/ARPNegCheck.vbs
>
> Download the VBScript and run it. When you see the log file, copy the
> contents and paste them here.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "news.msn.com" <willer2000@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your help.. But Nope.. Still no go.
> > Interesting page though..bookmarked for further investigation.
> >
> > The Scripts change..
> > ..\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-0138-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\DisplayIcon
> > ..\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\DisplayIcon
> > havent got them (autocadadd & autodesk) on system.... so not in Reg..
> >
> > is there anything from MS.. on the subject..?
> >
> > "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> > | You miss understand,go to the link I provided at kellys-korner once at
> > this
> > | link you will find a listing for add-remove and under that heading a
> > | sub-listing for add-remove white space,there you will find two registry
> > | fixes for your problem download them both and then run them,reboot
> > | afterwards.;-)

> > | --
> > | Mike Pawlak

Add/Remove Programs entries with negative icon references

<-----Begin----->

None found....
* Where HKLM refers to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

<-----End----->

I'd Rather it found something...! Thanks for any assist Ramesh..!

| Here is a script which lists all the negative icon references and sends
them
| to a log file
| http://windowsxp.mvps.org/reg/ARPNegCheck.vbs
|
| Download the VBScript and run it. When you see the log file, copy the
| contents and paste them here.
|
| --
| Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
| Windows XP Shell/User
| http://windowsxp.mvps.org
|

| "news.msn.com" <willer2000@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
| > Thanks for your help.. But Nope.. Still no go.
| > Interesting page though..bookmarked for further investigation.
| >
| > The Scripts change..
| > ..\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-0138-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\DisplayIcon
| > ..\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\DisplayIcon
| > havent got them (autocadadd & autodesk) on system.... so not in Reg..
| >
| > is there anything from MS.. on the subject..?
| >
| > "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
| > | You miss understand,go to the link I provided at kellys-korner once at
| > this
| > | link you will find a listing for add-remove and under that heading a
| > | sub-listing for add-remove white space,there you will find two
registry
| > | fixes for your problem download them both and then run them,reboot
| > | afterwards.;-)
| > |
| > |

| > |
| > | --
| > | Mike Pawlak
| > |
| > |

Andrew,

Can you send me a copy of this Registry location (REG export) in a zip file?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> Add/Remove Programs entries with negative icon references
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> <-----Begin----->
>
> None found....
> * Where HKLM refers to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
>
> <-----End----->
>
> I'd Rather it found something...! Thanks for any assist Ramesh..!

> | Here is a script which lists all the negative icon references and sends
> them
> | to a log file
> | http://windowsxp.mvps.org/reg/ARPNegCheck.vbs
> |
> | Download the VBScript and run it. When you see the log file, copy the
> | contents and paste them here.
> |
> | --
> | Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> | Windows XP Shell/User
> | http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> |

> | "news.msn.com" <willer2000@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> | > Thanks for your help.. But Nope.. Still no go.
> | > Interesting page though..bookmarked for further investigation.
> | >
> | > The Scripts change..
> | > ..\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-0138-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\DisplayIcon
> | > ..\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\DisplayIcon
> | > havent got them (autocadadd & autodesk) on system.... so not in Reg..
> | >
> | > is there anything from MS.. on the subject..?
> | >
> | > "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> at
> | > this
> registry
> | > |
> | > |

> add/remove

> it

> that

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

XP1

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2004

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!

--
XP1Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Andrew

Answered in: Re: Add/Remove Programs....? 6/1/2005

XP1

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2004

:/