Tags:
  • New Build
  • Office
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 15, 2010 11:36:49 AM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within 2 weeks

BUDGET RANGE: $300 - $600

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: MS Office (mostly excel), Internet (browsing + downloading), Music + Movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor, OS (Windows 7)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

PARTS PREFERENCES: AMD would probably fit this budget best

OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

I just got done building my pc and so far so good. Halfway through my dad asked if he could help and he had a lot of fun putting it together and was really excited when we were done and everything worked. He's been using a pc from around 04 so I'd say it's about time for an upgrade and it would be cool for him to build his own. Plus he'd probably save a bunch of money this way with better performance than a pre-built....

So, mostly he uses it for a ton of excel files, along with web browsing and listening to itunes while watching the occassional movie here and there.

Would like your guys' help on what a good budget build would be. Some good features would be super-fast speed all-around, and good for multitasking

With regards to the budget, lower would always be better, but I'd like for it to be able to last a handful of years without falling behind too much so paying some extra bucks for a more current system would probably be best

I look forward to all of your replies,

Thanks again for your help in advance!

More about : budget build office ish

Best solution

August 15, 2010 2:26:45 PM

Ok starting from even under that min point of budget range we have.....
$259AR
August 16, 2010 6:28:46 AM

That looks pretty good,

What would you do for a video card then?
m
l
Related resources
August 18, 2010 3:26:26 AM

Best answer selected by Phil Ken Sebben.
m
l
!