i am going to buy a gaming PC
my budget is 1050-1150.
i would like Intel core i7 processor
can anyone give me a configuration of a gaming PC:
processor:core i7
ram:4GB
power supply :550w
hard disk:500GB

which Cori7 proccessor and gpu should i buy??and in my configuration if there is any problem please fix that and suugest me a good gaming CPU guys

Assuming you want an only Intel build, you should be looking to build around the core i5 760.. You can get more for your money.. Moreover, the major difference between the i7 and i5 is hyper threading which is a no factor when it comes to gaming.. Pair it up with a SLI capable motherboard, a single GTX 460 1GB and 4GB DDR3 1600MHz CAS7 RAM.. Add a nice heatsink to the equation (something like a Noctua NH-D14) and you are covered on the overclocking front also.. And i'd recommend a good 750W PSU which takes care of your future multi-GPU setups as well.. Both the Corsair HX 750W and XFX 750W Black Edition are excellent options..

shoummo31

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010

hey,i am very unexperienced a bout these things
waht is SLI?
what are these things:Both the Corsair HX 750W and XFX 750W Black Edition?

Sli (Scaleable link interface) is a method used by Intel to utilise two or more graphics cards in series on the same motherboard, mainly to boost graphic card power and efficiency, AMD's similar offering is called Crossfire,
in order to be able to use either, you need a compatible motherboard, compatible graphics cards and a psu capable of powering the system,
Basically you have two or more graphics cards connected together to process your graphics, freeing up your main cpu for other duties
and the Corsair HX 750W and XFX 750W Black Edition are power supply units, psu's for short, they provide electricity to your computer
Moto

unknown_13

Distinguished
May 12, 2009

SLI is a method used by Nvidia!

On topic:

I agree, i5-760 is the best price/performance CPU in Intel's lineup. GTX460 1GB is a great card for the money. 4GB DDR3 will be enough for gaming. Just get a good mobo from either ASUS or Gigabyte. MSI mobos are also a good choice. The Corsair 750W is a great PSU. I would take that over the XFX one.