Your question
Solved

Monitor clicks on and off after driver install

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
July 10, 2010 4:12:57 PM

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Install Language: English (United States)
600 megahertz AMD Athlon
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Not hyper-threaded
Board: Gateway OAASNP01
Serial Number: 400594-C23
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0AASNP06 07/23/1999
NVIDIA Vanta/Vanta LT (Microsoft Corporation) [Display adapter]
Gateway 15.7 [Monitor] (15.7"vis, January 2000

Loaded the latest drivers, was working last night, When I woke up it would'nt display and it just clicks on and off. I attempted to go into "safemode" but still no display. The tower acts like it's trying to post, but I can't be for sure. I attempted to boot from my XP Pro disk, no go. Heck if I know....sitting here scratching my nether regions.....

More about : monitor clicks driver install

July 12, 2010 4:26:42 PM

kyoshi59 said:
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Install Language: English (United States)
600 megahertz AMD Athlon
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Not hyper-threaded
Board: Gateway OAASNP01
Serial Number: 400594-C23
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0AASNP06 07/23/1999
NVIDIA Vanta/Vanta LT (Microsoft Corporation) [Display adapter]
Gateway 15.7 [Monitor] (15.7"vis, January 2000

Loaded the latest drivers, was working last night, When I woke up it would'nt display and it just clicks on and off. I attempted to go into "safemode" but still no display. The tower acts like it's trying to post, but I can't be for sure. I attempted to boot from my XP Pro disk, no go. Heck if I know....sitting here scratching my nether regions.....

Fixed___I unhooked the power source from the tower as well as the monitor, let sit over night then pulled out and reseated the video card booted back up. Uninstalled the new drivers, loaded the old. works just fine. The video still locks every once in awhile and I still have audio. the picture does'nt play through consistantly. Heck if I know???
m
l

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
July 12, 2010 4:32:16 PM

Well to be honest it might just be on it's death bed. Good that you got it to work, but your PC specs are very dated. New drivers probably aren't made for that card, I would stick with the old ones you know work. Other than that, I think it's time to save some money and get a new PC. You could build one 4x better for $600.
Related resources
July 15, 2010 5:32:27 AM

Thanks for the heads up, I do have another newer tech computer. I just dislike seeing them die.
m
l
July 25, 2010 2:01:59 AM

Best answer selected by kyoshi59.
m
l
July 25, 2010 2:02:33 AM

Thanks Guys for all of your help I really appreciate it.
m
l