Computer won't give signal - Improperly seated the RAM

Dave1990

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Hi. I was inside my computer today (working over a plastic mat) and was adjusting the tightness of my heatsink screws (Hyper 212+). When I turned on my computer after working, everything would turn on fine, but my computer would not give a signal to my monitor. The computer's components seemed OK: The motherboard was lit (including the networking orange light), all the case fans (even the ones connected to the motherboard) were working, the heatsink fan was working, the power supply fan was working, the GPU fans were working. I realized that my RAM had been improperly (read: not completely) seated. I re-seated the RAM, but I'm receiving the same problem. My monitor is lit up fine, as well. I had removed all the power-connecting cables before I worked on my computer. The only other recent thing I had done was, in the bios, change the multiplier of my black edition CPU from 3.4 to 3.9. That seems like a relatively tame amount to OC for these symptoms. My motherboard is an ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO, my CPU a Phenom II X4 965 Deneb Black Edition, my GPU a 1 GB GTX 460, and my RAM are G. Skill Ripjaws.

Is there anything anyone can do to help me? I'm really hoping that I didn't just destroy my computer (Everything seems to be working), but I understand if not properly reseating the RAM has destroyed both sticks. If that's the case, I'll take what I can get and go buy more. If you need any other additional information, please let me know!

Thanks for the help.