VRAM - what does it mean?

I'm not sure... Does VRAM mean that computer RAM shares memory with video
RAM? I want to buy a laptop with non-shared graphics memory. Should it be
noticed as DDR or VRAM?

cheers,
Jacek
3 answers Last reply
More about vram mean

    Vram is video ram. What you want is discrete video memory (not shared with
    system memory) DDR doesn't tell you anything about the video ram. Most
    vendors will indicate discrete video memory as opposed to shared
    "jh" <jh@radio.kielce.com.pl> wrote in message
    > I'm not sure... Does VRAM mean that computer RAM shares memory with video
    > RAM? I want to buy a laptop with non-shared graphics memory. Should it be
    > noticed as DDR or VRAM?
    >
    > cheers,
    > Jacek

    I see. That's mean that i have to check the configuration details if it's
    shared or not. I was sure that DDR was for graphics card own memory and VRAM
    for shared one. Thank you.

    Jacek

    DDR: Double data rate. DDR ram is the ram used in notebooks as system
    memory. VRAM is also DDR.

    "jh" <jh@radio.kielce.com.pl> wrote in message
    > I'm not sure... Does VRAM mean that computer RAM shares memory with video
    > RAM? I want to buy a laptop with non-shared graphics memory. Should it be
    > noticed as DDR or VRAM?
    >
    > cheers,
    > Jacek

Laptops RAM Memory