................................... l
Xbox = = = = = = = = Router
. ................................. l
Laptop = = = = = = = = =

I don't have a separate switch, i think my router does it Automatically.
I can access WMC from my laptop when i set up xbox extender. However, when I go to set it up with my PC it tells me that it can't set it up. I'm thinking that the network situation has something to do with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you

sturm

Splendid
How are you using the router? As a router or a switch? In your case It should be a switch so plug the cable from the first switch into a normal port, not the WAN port. This will keep the router from making another network for the xbox and laptop. Everything will have the same ip range which is what you want.

Andrew1234

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010

I think the router and the switch are the same unit. I dont think i am currently pluged into a WAN port either?

Andrew1234

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
How do i get rid of the switch so my xbox recognises my PC.
I have a local area connection but no wireless connection as i have a router/modem, so i cannot bridge a wireless and local area connection as on my pc its only seen as a local area connection.

sturm

Splendid
can you list the ip addresses, subnet and gateway for the laptop, xbox and the pc. If you have the cable plugged into the wan port on the router, it could be putting the laptop and xbox on a different network.