recycle bin corrupt

I received the message that the recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt. I searched
the knowledge base and the only thing that came up was for sp1. I have
installed all the updates to date, but the recycle bin is corrupt - it
corrupted AFTER all the updates were installed. I need a fix. Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about recycle corrupt

    Melissa, check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
    Select R and scroll to Recycle Bin Repair or
    Replace.
    "melissam" <melissam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I received the message that the recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt. I searched
    > the knowledge base and the only thing that came up was for sp1. I have
    > installed all the updates to date, but the recycle bin is corrupt - it
    > corrupted AFTER all the updates were installed. I need a fix. Thanks.

    Tried that - the reg. file. Rebooted, did not work.

    Anything else?

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Melissa, check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
    > Select R and scroll to Recycle Bin Repair or
    > Replace.
    > "melissam" <melissam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I received the message that the recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt. I searched
    > > the knowledge base and the only thing that came up was for sp1. I have
    > > installed all the updates to date, but the recycle bin is corrupt - it
    > > corrupted AFTER all the updates were installed. I need a fix. Thanks.

    Melissa, see if these are any help
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297760

    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20839435.html

    http://www.tsgserver.com/pipermail/list_tsgserver.com/2005-January/005368.html

    "melissam" <melissam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I received the message that the recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt. I searched
    > the knowledge base and the only thing that came up was for sp1. I have
    > installed all the updates to date, but the recycle bin is corrupt - it
    > corrupted AFTER all the updates were installed. I need a fix. Thanks.

    Thanks for your help. I reformatted the HD, reloaded xp, and it works fine
    now.

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Melissa, see if these are any help
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297760
    >
    > http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20839435.html
    >
    > http://www.tsgserver.com/pipermail/list_tsgserver.com/2005-January/005368.html
    >
    > "melissam" <melissam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I received the message that the recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt. I searched
    > > the knowledge base and the only thing that came up was for sp1. I have
    > > installed all the updates to date, but the recycle bin is corrupt - it
    > > corrupted AFTER all the updates were installed. I need a fix. Thanks.

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:05:22 -0700, "melissam"
    <melissam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Anything else?

    Best way to deal with a corrupted 'bin is to delete it! It will be
    recreated on the next boot.

    --
    Cheers,

    Guy

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    Melissa, that would certainly correct the problem
    "melissam" <melissam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I received the message that the recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt. I searched
    > the knowledge base and the only thing that came up was for sp1. I have
    > installed all the updates to date, but the recycle bin is corrupt - it
    > corrupted AFTER all the updates were installed. I need a fix. Thanks.

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP