Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

recycle bin corrupt

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 4:22:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

I received the message that the recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt. I searched
the knowledge base and the only thing that came up was for sp1. I have
installed all the updates to date, but the recycle bin is corrupt - it
corrupted AFTER all the updates were installed. I need a fix. Thanks.

More about : recycle bin corrupt

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 11:42:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Melissa, check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
Select R and scroll to Recycle Bin Repair or
Replace.
"melissam" <melissam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D D48FB68-3FE9-4BCE-8193-4DA9E94998DD@microsoft.com...
>I received the message that the recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt. I searched
> the knowledge base and the only thing that came up was for sp1. I have
> installed all the updates to date, but the recycle bin is corrupt - it
> corrupted AFTER all the updates were installed. I need a fix. Thanks.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 11:42:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Tried that - the reg. file. Rebooted, did not work.

Anything else?

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Melissa, check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
> Select R and scroll to Recycle Bin Repair or
> Replace.
> "melissam" <melissam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D D48FB68-3FE9-4BCE-8193-4DA9E94998DD@microsoft.com...
> >I received the message that the recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt. I searched
> > the knowledge base and the only thing that came up was for sp1. I have
> > installed all the updates to date, but the recycle bin is corrupt - it
> > corrupted AFTER all the updates were installed. I need a fix. Thanks.
>
>
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 1:53:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Melissa, see if these are any help
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297760

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP...

http://www.tsgserver.com/pipermail/list_tsgserver.com/2...

"melissam" <melissam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D D48FB68-3FE9-4BCE-8193-4DA9E94998DD@microsoft.com...
>I received the message that the recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt. I searched
> the knowledge base and the only thing that came up was for sp1. I have
> installed all the updates to date, but the recycle bin is corrupt - it
> corrupted AFTER all the updates were installed. I need a fix. Thanks.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 1:53:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Thanks for your help. I reformatted the HD, reloaded xp, and it works fine
now.

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Melissa, see if these are any help
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297760
>
> http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP...
>
> http://www.tsgserver.com/pipermail/list_tsgserver.com/2...
>
> "melissam" <melissam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D D48FB68-3FE9-4BCE-8193-4DA9E94998DD@microsoft.com...
> >I received the message that the recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt. I searched
> > the knowledge base and the only thing that came up was for sp1. I have
> > installed all the updates to date, but the recycle bin is corrupt - it
> > corrupted AFTER all the updates were installed. I need a fix. Thanks.
>
>
>
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 10:50:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:05:22 -0700, "melissam"
<melissam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Anything else?

Best way to deal with a corrupted 'bin is to delete it! It will be
recreated on the next boot.

--
Cheers,

Guy

** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 11:48:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Melissa, that would certainly correct the problem
"melissam" <melissam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D D48FB68-3FE9-4BCE-8193-4DA9E94998DD@microsoft.com...
>I received the message that the recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt. I searched
> the knowledge base and the only thing that came up was for sp1. I have
> installed all the updates to date, but the recycle bin is corrupt - it
> corrupted AFTER all the updates were installed. I need a fix. Thanks.
!