Phenom II x4 965 be in m2n32sli dealux

manoj_47

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
i recently Purchased Amd Phenom II X4 965BE to install it to my m2n32 sli deluxe , with the bios upgraded to Version 5002 .i have read in many forums with visual proof that this processor works great with this board, and the problem i am facing here is that im not able to get the full clock speed, it shows that each core is running at 800 mhz at 4x multiplier in cpu z, but in bios it shows it is running at 3.4 ghz at 17 x multiplier. some one help me on step by step procedure on how to get it work. i also tried using nvidia system tools with all latest drivers installed, and also in system tools under performance- device settings the cpu frequency shows 3.417 mhz at 17 x multiplier with buz at 201 mhz.and i save the profile as "boot.nsu", and under profile policies i load the profile and select the "boot..nsu" and when i click on accept i get this dialogue box as " a value of this rule has not been set. clikc the underlined portion of the rule below'take these actions' to set a value" i want this to wok on my system very badle some one give me a step by stem instruction.. and yea i use nvidia quadro fx4600 768 mb workstation graphics card, could it be because of this that im notable to make it work in nvidia tools???

firehawk_19

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
Manjo-47,

The CPU you have isn't officially supported by ASUS even with the BIOS update you have. I have seen the overclocker site you mentioned in your post, and would suggest you google that to get your answers on how they were able to get to post correctly.

As rolli59, suggests you should have Cool 'n Quiet disabled in BIOS to prevent the down clocking. I'd go back and look to make sure you don't have anything manually set in BIOS that shouldn't need to be that helps eliminate unintended problems.

manoj_47

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
Yes guys i have disabled cool&quite function in bios.and alos had the bios reset before i moved on ahead. but im getting cracked up looking for a solution,, and googling everytime..:(

manoj_47

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
Firehawk_19 & rolli59

thanks a zillion you guys.. finally i got the full speed..:D.. the only mistake i did was had not set the power setting to the maximum performance..as soon as i set it i got the original speed using the nvidia system tool..yaie me so happy.. if this wouldn had worked for me i would have bought the phenom II x4 945.. Yaie 965 @3.4 ghz in m2n32sli deluxe..yaie again im really excited :D and thanks a lot.....and will overclock it to 4 ghz,..........

manoj_47

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
thanks a zillion you .. finally i got the full speed.... the only mistake i did was had not set the power setting to the maximum performance..as soon as i set it i got the original speed using the nvidia system tool..yaie me so happy.. if this wouldn had worked for me i would have bought the phenom II x4 945.. Yaie 965 @3.4 ghz in m2n32sli deluxe..yaie again im really excited and thanks a lot.....and will overclock it to 4 ghz,..........

manoj_47

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
i have one small problem again, that is evert time i restart or shutdown and start my comp, my processor again runs at 800 mhz @ 4x multiplier,and ever time i have to go to nvidia tools and load the saved profile again to get the full speed. i want it to load automatically when the system starts..anyways that i can solve this one last problem problem?? thank you :)

All the newer CPUs do that on all the motherboards, when you run an application that requires more power it will clock up itself to 3.4. Leave it like it is, it saves current and it runs cooler. Or go in the Control Panel and set to "high performance" but there's no use in that.

manoj_47

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
im aware of that technology.and no, it doesnt clock up when i run any high end program like maya or 3ds max or any games it remains at 800 mhz tested that with cpu z. that is y im confused.and every time i have to clock it up using nvidia tools .
any other solution plz..

manoj_47

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
its still the same with that even after setting it to 15x multiplier and 1.2 volt, previously i had set iti to 1.35volt ,, thanks man ill check with that asus site,,, and can u help me out with this one last thing,

why is my ht link speed at 1004 mhz instead of 2000 mhz and bus speed at 200 mhz is it cause of the old chip set???

MAXKILLS

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
You are on the rite track, you just need to save a BOOT script save file in nvidia system tools on your new setting. Once this is done, every re-boot will work with your new settings @ 3.4Ghz. I am rite behind you doing the same. The last thing to do is save the correct voltage levels for your CPU and RAM to the manufacture recommended setting. I have 1.425V on CPU and 2.2V on RAM.

I have a M2N32 SLI Deluxe 2209 bios with a AMD 965, (2) GTX 480's and 4Gigs of Kingston Hyperx @1033Mhz with H70 Corsair cooling on cpu. Chip stays cool at 3.4Ghz when playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 @ 34-44c (Max). With a 2006 motherboard, id have to say WOW! Great job ASUS....3DMARK06 17600 score Approx. Windows index of 7.4

Getten ready for BATTLEFIELD 3, maby then I will take it up to 4Ghz because I know It can.....

Remember, your computer is not a FUSE.

anyone gone past 3.4Ghz on this M2N32 motherboard yet? I am worried it may burn a trace on the voltage regulation circuitry near the CPU....

Amess

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

I got mine to boot @3.5Ghz A64 X2 6400+ bios 5002, but like you said with the voltage regulation circuitry, I get a black screen when windows trys to load, auto vcore seems to work best up until this point as goin manual theres a +/-.05V variance giving a +/- 10C temp change Ive tried alot of changes tryn to get it to boot @1.425Vcore but it just doesnt seem to be enough for now after all the trial an error I run it stock/auto settings except for speed and multiplier leaving them auto it crashes bsod in games

specs
asus m2n32-sli deluxe wifi bios 5002
athlon 64 x2 6400+ 3.2GHz 200x16
8gb ocz sli ready ddr2 800 5-4-4-15-24 2T
2 BFG GF8600GTS in SLi
700W rocketfish PSU

great machine very stable :)

hope you guys get your new cpus workin great I just might do the same :??: