Sign in with
Your question

Graphic card doesn't work properly

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 10, 2010 10:33:10 PM

Hello,
Here is my problem.
Few months ago motherboard on my computer had to be replaced. A friend of my husband did it.
When my husband brought the computer home we connected everything and I noticed that some of the screensavers like 3D AQUARIUM and other 3D did not work.
I also have a lot of games installed on my computer and some of them I cannot play anymore because when I try to the only thing I get is the black screen- I can hear the sound but can't see anything.
Also the MEDIA CENTER doesn't work.
As a person who doesn't know much about computers, I tried to look for help in the "help and support" section on my computer.
I run test for 3D and my computer did not pass this test. So it said that my video adapter does not support 3D.
I went to Nvidia website and updated my video card driver but it still did not help.
Problem still persists, some screensavers work and some don't. The same with the games some I can play and some I cannot.
Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you

BTW
my computer is HP PAvilion a1540n with Windows XP
Graphic card is NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE

More about : graphic card work properly

July 11, 2010 12:43:39 AM

What exactly is the error that pops up when you run the test for 3D?

You can also try up your DirectX as well.
m
l
July 11, 2010 1:17:59 AM

I run dxdiag and then click Test Direct 3D.

Test is done 3 times ( all failed )
Then on the bottom it says:

Direct 3D 7 test results: Failure at step 32 (user verification of Direct 3D rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)
Direct 3D 8 test results: Failure at step 32 (user verification of Direct 3D rendering ):
HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)
Direct 3D 9 test result: Failure at step 32 ( user verification of Direct 3D rendering ):
HRESULT = 0x00000000 ( error code )

This is basically it.
Thank you so much for any help.
m
l
!